Road Glide banner

901 - 919 of 919 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Rockfish, your bike looks Badass bro....Bars looks killer and I salute you for doing more on a new M8 with Chromed front forks, Wheels and matching rotors, and even changing out those satin hand levers to CHROME...Well done sir.....A mod well overlooked....

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yeah I see more of the rear view under my arms as opposed to over my shoulders.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see around here, half and half. I would like to find a set for underneath. Clean up the bars.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
Rockfish, your bike looks Badass bro....Bars looks killer and I salute you for doing more on a new M8 with Chromed front forks, Wheels and matching rotors, and even changing out those satin hand levers to CHROME...Well done sir.....A mod well overlooked....
Thank you for the compliments. Always liked chrome. Just can’t get into the blacked out thing. My other bike with 12.5 wild one chubby aprs

·
Registered
37 Posts
I see around here, half and half. I would like to find a set for underneath. Clean up the bars.

Here’s the link to the mirrors I purchased on Amazon...

Black Motorcycle Mirrors - Billet Stem - Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide FLHT Electra Glide Amazon.com: Hoosier Garage-Billet Stem OEM Quality Black Motorcycle Mirrors- compatible with/replacement for Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide FLHT Electra Glide Road Glide Road King - FAST PRIORITY MAIL SHIPPING: Automotive

·
Registered
465 Posts

Black Motorcycle Mirrors - Billet Stem - Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide FLHT Electra Glide Amazon.com: Hoosier Garage-Billet Stem OEM Quality Black Motorcycle Mirrors- compatible with/replacement for Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide FLHT Electra Glide Road Glide Road King - FAST PRIORITY MAIL SHIPPING: Automotive

Thanks! Will look into them.

·
Registered
196 Posts

$28 for mirrors ain't bad. Especially if you're on the fence.

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
I just got my 14's the other day! Hoping to have a Saturday I can dedicate to installing them. Did you do it yourself and how was it if so? Thanks in advance.
I'm in the snow and ice myself (upstate NY), so it will be my winter project, along with the stage 4 stereo upgrade.
Did it myself. Wasn't bad at all. Little patience with pulling the wiring and you're good. I did use the NAMS extensions just because I had a set. But you wont need them. But I think it keeps the install cleaner with them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did it myself. Wasn't bad at all. Little patience with pulling the wiring and you're good. I did use the NAMS extensions just because I had a set. But you wont need them. But I think it keeps the install cleaner with them.
With the weather being not too bad out, tackled the bars yesterday. Had I not had the brake line under the super clamp the first time, would have been done in about 2 1/2 hours. The beaded chain was ABSOLUTELY the way to go!!!!! I bought the extensions from HD, not sure how it would have worked with out them?? Also replaced the bushing (recommended by the parts guy at local HD) with the polyurethane, that was almost as hard as the bars themselves.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
With the weather being not too bad out, tackled the bars yesterday. Had I not had the brake line under the super clamp the first time, would have been done in about 2 1/2 hours. The beaded chain was ABSOLUTELY the way to go!!!!! I bought the extensions from HD, not sure how it would have worked with out them?? Also replaced the bushing (recommended by the parts guy at local HD) with the polyurethane, that was almost as hard as the bars themselves.
And they look awesome. When you cut apart all the wire ties and remove the plug mount in there the wires do reach the bars. But I like the cleanliness of the extensions. I know no one can see it. But I know it's there. Good job Brother.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just take your time, make sure you tag the wires and take lots of pictures. Putting an overall shrink tubing over the entire length helps to pull them all through together too. Worse case, put a very small bit of dishwasher soap. Couple drops max. Little goes a long way.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
So after I got the bars done, wanted to take it out for a test run, (had a 55 day and snow was all gone). I was checking everything over and noticed this was unclipped. I clipped it together, thinking why wouldn't it be connected? Anyone know what it is for? It is on the right side (as sitting on the bike), running along where the brake lines run.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
That’s the wheel speed sensor connector. Also works with the ABS

Jim, THANKS!
I have been trying to download manuals and looking online all day! So the previous owner may have unplugged it to disable the ABS or try to get more speed. There is a theory the bike would go faster having it unplugged.
I'm still learning. I even bought the year H-D service info portal access, but it still wouldn't let me see the wiring diagrams for some reason. Maybe you have to be a dealership, yet it took my money?

901 - 919 of 919 Posts