Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
921 - 940 of 979 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
12 " KST Spearheads, my first time installing heated grips and internally wired bars. Took around four hrs. View attachment 410260

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I like those bars. Looks like there is a lot of adjustability to them. I see you use heated grips as well. Question, did you have to purchase the additional risers to fit them? I wouldn't suspect any wire extensions were required.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've changed mine twice over the years - the stock ones were terribly uncomfortable and left me feeling like I had a knife stuck between my shoulder blades after just a few hours on the road. I was returning to Denver from the RFTW in 2002 and just got fed up with it. A buddy suggested the stock FatBoy bars, so I bought a set in Pensacola and swapped them out before continuing back west - it worked, and I was comfortable for quite a spell. But then I always did like my bars pulled back and stretched more than stockers would go, so I started looking again for a better set and ended up with a pair of Chubbies from Wild Ones that are perfect for me and they way I ride. I don't remember the specs on them, but I do remember that the guy I talked to on the phone when I ordered them - I think he was the owner of Wild Ones - was really a pleasure to deal with and answered all of my questions. I would recommend them just for that; he asked me about how I ride and made some suggestions based on that. Here's a pic...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like those bars. Looks like there is a lot of adjustability to them. I see you use heated grips as well. Question, did you have to purchase the additional risers to fit them? I wouldn't suspect any wire extensions were required.
Thanks, so far I really like these bars, I played with the width a little when I first put the bars on and what I ended up with is almost the same as the stock bars. These bars are only around three in. taller than the stock bars.
The bars are 12 in. and you can go up to 14 in. with no modifications all plug and play. They are a three piece set up
and work with with all your stock parts.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I must be strange, I like the stock bars on the M8. Same as the 2016 had and they were great.
Nothing strange about OEM bars, looks Stock -meh.... but sit on other bikes with Bars during bike shows, Rallies, bike night, etc. And you'll see why riders change out taller bars for comfort and
Looks....just looks killer!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Road 6 Custom bars. 9 inch.

Unless I'm having one of my "AIRHEAD" moments,(which occurs quite frequently), there are multiple "manufacturers" on their website; who actually manufactured the bars in the pic? They look like they might be a good fit for me. Thanks , Jack

·
Registered
273 Posts
Unless I'm having one of my "AIRHEAD" moments,(which occurs quite frequently), there are multiple "manufacturers" on their website; who actually manufactured the bars in the pic? They look like they might be a good fit for me. Thanks , Jack
Road 6 Customs. I just purchased the Road Glide Naked Holey Rollers 13" version.

Same as this 1 without the circle braces. I have the Holey Rollers on my WG.

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Vinditka 14" Hoopteeze 31" tip to tip
Changed out my factory 47's 12"
(38" tip to tip) great bars well made but I had to try these these hoopteeze, the handling is superb in comparison to 47's better control in corners especially in the twisties they are also 1.5" thick and beautifully well made no burrs install was clean no extensions required
Love them

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
535 Posts
Much more control in u turns and tight turns, also better balancing at stop lights.
last Sunday took some mountain backroads 10, 15, MPH hairpin turns uphill and down
felt at one with the bike and the 14"bar Height fits just perfect for my 5'4" height
Honestly, reminds me of how my ( back in the day) 1995 Dyna Super Glide handled
I'm happy!!!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Vinditka 14" Hoopteeze 31" tip to tip
Changed out my factory 47's 12"
(38" tip to tip) great bars well made but I had to try these these hoopteeze, the handling is superb in comparison to 47's better control in corners especially in the twisties they are also 1.5" thick and beautifully well made no burrs install was clean no extensions required
Love them

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Pretty area in the background. Be when you pulled on you scared all the locals!!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,709 Posts
View attachment 414991
I just ordered these FMB 14” Phatty Blazed Custom Handlebars. I like the way they look. I hope I like the way they feel. Fingers crossed.
I have these bars in 16", which I had FMB make to my dimensions for width and pullback; they will custom make any bar if you email and give them your specs. Mine are perfect for comfort and the welding is top notch.

·
Registered
My other wife loves my '17 FLTRU too!
172 Posts

Road 6 Customs 13" Standard Ape. Easy install, no wire or fluid line change. Only mod is to remove the clutch and brake line from the gang mount in front of the neck and clip the zip ties holding the brake and clutch lines to the bar mounts. 2 hours start to finish.

921 - 940 of 979 Posts