Road Glide banner

921 - 924 of 924 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
12 " KST Spearheads, my first time installing heated grips and internally wired bars. Took around four hrs. View attachment 410260

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I like those bars. Looks like there is a lot of adjustability to them. I see you use heated grips as well. Question, did you have to purchase the additional risers to fit them? I wouldn't suspect any wire extensions were required.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've changed mine twice over the years - the stock ones were terribly uncomfortable and left me feeling like I had a knife stuck between my shoulder blades after just a few hours on the road. I was returning to Denver from the RFTW in 2002 and just got fed up with it. A buddy suggested the stock FatBoy bars, so I bought a set in Pensacola and swapped them out before continuing back west - it worked, and I was comfortable for quite a spell. But then I always did like my bars pulled back and stretched more than stockers would go, so I started looking again for a better set and ended up with a pair of Chubbies from Wild Ones that are perfect for me and they way I ride. I don't remember the specs on them, but I do remember that the guy I talked to on the phone when I ordered them - I think he was the owner of Wild Ones - was really a pleasure to deal with and answered all of my questions. I would recommend them just for that; he asked me about how I ride and made some suggestions based on that. Here's a pic...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like those bars. Looks like there is a lot of adjustability to them. I see you use heated grips as well. Question, did you have to purchase the additional risers to fit them? I wouldn't suspect any wire extensions were required.
Thanks, so far I really like these bars, I played with the width a little when I first put the bars on and what I ended up with is almost the same as the stock bars. These bars are only around three in. taller than the stock bars.
The bars are 12 in. and you can go up to 14 in. with no modifications all plug and play. They are a three piece set up
and work with with all your stock parts.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I must be strange, I like the stock bars on the M8. Same as the 2016 had and they were great.
Nothing strange about OEM bars, looks Stock -meh.... but sit on other bikes with Bars during bike shows, Rallies, bike night, etc. And you'll see why riders change out taller bars for comfort and
Looks....just looks killer!!!

Attachments

921 - 924 of 924 Posts