Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
941 - 960 of 979 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was thinking about how many handlebar threads are started here. Post a good photo of your bike and write the name of handlebars you're using. I have stock bars so I can't play but I'd love to see my choices.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire
2020 road glide limited. 14" kst straightjacket
Stock wires and cables worked. Had to cut a few zip ties to get more length on cables.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Can you post up more pics?
Absolutely! Hopefully that gives you a little better perspective. It took me a long time making that decision! LOL If you need anything else let me know!

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Scorched Orange RG Limited
304 Posts
Great pics. I appreciate seeing all of the options. I jumped the gun and bought some HD Chizeled Lo bars on this site without checking fitment and HD P&A says that they will not work with my 2020 RGL. Fak!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I’m in the same boat you where in. Factory 47 vs KST. 12 or 14“🤔.....How did you come to your decision on what bars and size?
I made an appointment with KST at Biketoberfest in Daytona. They had a few bikes there with different size and style bars. Really convenient since that type of opportunity is NEVER available! LOL As soon as I sat on the bike with the 12's I knew...

Reactions: RGS88

·
Registered
94 Posts
I made an appointment with KST at Biketoberfest in Daytona. They had a few bikes there with different size and style bars. Really convenient since that type of opportunity is NEVER available! LOL As soon as I sat on the bike with the 12's I knew...
Cant get easier than that lol. Any concerns that the bars are a three piece? Do they feel good/comfortable on those long rides?

·
Registered
'20 RGS
157 Posts
I really, really wish I could find something like that locally.

I'm having a really hard time deciding between 12 and 14" bars for my bike. I know 14" would be better from a pure comfort stand point, but I definitely prefer the look of 12" bars and I think they'd be better for cold weather riding/wind protection.

Reactions: vring

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yes, I can say the 12" bars are better for cold weather riding.
14s pretty much expose your hands, just something to think about.
I run F47s and you need to plan on having heavy gloves on those cold runs.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,786 Posts
I really, really wish I could find something like that locally.

I'm having a really hard time deciding between 12 and 14" bars for my bike. I know 14" would be better from a pure comfort stand point, but I definitely prefer the look of 12" bars and I think they'd be better for cold weather riding/wind protection.
I love the 14". I had 14 Yaffe bars on my 17 and loved them, I made sure I could get them from the insurance company after the accident. My 19 has 14" KST's and they are comfortable as well. I have contemplated switching back to the Yaffe but I still remember how difficult it was to pull the wires out and I am dreading pulling the wires again so I may stick with the KST's.

·
Registered
'20 RGS
157 Posts
Ordered a set of 12" KST Spearheads tonight!

KST is having a 15% off sale until 01-01-21 with the code "JOY"

Reactions: mjsdouble

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Cant get easier than that lol. Any concerns that the bars are a three piece? Do they feel good/comfortable on those long rides?
Apologies for the late response! I waited for quite a while before making the decision so I could read everything I could get my hands on. They are really comfortable and I think they look amazing. No regrets!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Did the Op ever choose a Bar or still trolling?

·
Super Moderator
4,433 Posts
Did the Op ever choose a Bar or still trolling?
LOL. He definitely had a set of bars back when I met him close to 10 years ago. I don’t remember which ones he had but it was a nice CVO he rode (if memory serves). He participated in a couple of Anti Shark Weeks here in Cali. I’m not sure what he’s been up to in the last few years. Things happen in life and could be why he’s not been active in a couple of years. Good Dude though and I hope he’s well.

941 - 960 of 979 Posts