Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
961 - 979 of 979 Posts

·
Registered
'20 RGS
157 Posts
Absolutely love my 12" KST Spearheads (vanguard series, adjustable). I'm 6'1, 33" inseam, HD low profile seat, and with the bars rotated as far forward as the shop could get it without rubbing on my gauge cluster, my arms are perfectly extended forward at roughly nipple height.

Reactions: 18 Wicked Special

·
Registered
'20 RGS
157 Posts
Convenient that I have the post above me for this comment!

I switched seats to a modified stock seat which raised me another 1-1.5" over the HD Low profile seat, so the 12" bars felt a little low for me. Decided to stick with KST and bought a set of 14" KST Pathfinders.

Love the bars, can't wait to get some mileage on with the new setup!

·
Registered
14 Posts
12" Spooky Fast bars. I wanted something a bit taller and something that kept my wrists a bit "straighter", like knuckles out. I found the stock bars a wee bit less than comfortable on long trips.

I did the install myself. It was hard enough fishing wires/connectors through these bars. I cannot for the life of me imagine how much of a PITA it might have been with some of the bars I've seen on here.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
12" Spooky Fast bars. I wanted something a bit taller and something that kept my wrists a bit "straighter", like knuckles out. I found the stock bars a wee bit less than comfortable on long trips.

View attachment 428906

View attachment 428908

View attachment 428907

I did the install myself. It was hard enough fishing wires/connectors through these bars. I cannot for the life of me imagine how much of a PITA it might have been with some of the bars I've seen on here.
Patience, booze and lots of time.

Or money to pay somebody dumb enough to do it for you.... lol

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 RGS, 77 rigid shovel, 63 panshovel
240 Posts
Could someone with 12” spearheads give me a n overall width please? A buddy just put 14s on his and they’re too wide for me, wondering if the 12s are any narrower

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was thinking about how many handlebar threads are started here. Post a good photo of your bike and write the name of handlebars you're using. I have stock bars so I can't play but I'd love to see my choices.
Thrashin bars with the sit-in
I was thinking about how many handlebar threads are started here. Post a good photo of your bike and write the name of handlebars you're using. I have stock bars so I can't play but I'd love to see my choices.
Thrashin Bars "6 inch Pull Back.
Thrashin Bars "6inch Depp pull back, 2021 Road glide special
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2020 FLTRK
133 Posts
Lucky Daves 12" 4pc riser with 2" extension for 14", Zombie Performance machete bars 0 rise. the bars are 26" wide and flat like drag bars but shaped like an M. It's a fun, tight set-up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 RGS, 77 rigid shovel, 63 panshovel
240 Posts
You can adjust them, I had them at 39 inches end to end, felt a little wide, so I turned them in to 36 inches wide end to end
To make them narrower you have to turn them in which changes the wrist angle, you pretty much have to set them for the most comfortable wrist angle then deal with whatever width that leaves them at.

I bought a kraus t bar setup. It’s the only way to get a narrow width with the pullback a short guy like me needs.

961 - 979 of 979 Posts