Road Glide banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the stealer ( Sacramento Harley ) and one of the floor salesmen stated if you swap out handlebars and they are not HD bars it voids the warranty on the 2015 road glide? anyone ever heard of this garbage? I just rolled with it conversation wise and in my mind I was like WTF?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I would ask for something in writing. I have found that a lot of the warranty issues depend on the dealer.

·
Registered
830 Posts
That's a good one....:p

Now I will tell you one.

About 7 years ago a salesman at my local dealer told me not to use synthetic oil because it was too slippery!

I think we should turn this thread into a "Stupid things They Told Us at the Dealers"!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was at the stealer ( Sacramento Harley ) and one of the floor salesmen stated if you swap out handlebars and they are not HD bars it voids the warranty on the 2015 road glide? anyone ever heard of this garbage? I just rolled with it conversation wise and in my mind I was like WTF?
Another reason not to live in Cali..........

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Magunson-Moss Act

THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT: AN OVERVIEW | The Center for Auto Safety

In a nutshell....you can not void a warranty by using non factory parts unless they can PROVE that by using that part it caused or contributed to the issue in question. So a non factory trans in your car? If the engine blows up they have to honor the warranty....non factory intake manifold? If the engine blows up they still have to honor the warranty unless they can prove it was linked to the non factory part.
Problem is a LOT of dealers will not follow the law and the only recourse you have is to sue.

Reactions: TLKurtz

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Magunson-Moss Act

THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY ACT: AN OVERVIEW | The Center for Auto Safety

In a nutshell....you can not void a warranty by using non factory parts unless they can PROVE that by using that part it caused or contributed to the issue in question. So a non factory trans in your car? If the engine blows up they have to honor the warranty....non factory intake manifold? If the engine blows up they still have to honor the warranty unless they can prove it was linked to the non factory part.
Problem is a LOT of dealers will not follow the law and the only recourse you have is to sue.
And even then, it wouldn't void the total warranty, just the work it took to fix what was messed up by the part.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is an old topic, but visit the link below and look at page 3 post 30 and read on. I have heard the same response from three local dealers and from various forum members. Bottom line, just do it!

link:

http://www.roadglide.org/24-controls-handlebars/176097-2015-bar-pin-removal-rolling-bars-forward-3.html

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had my Carlini Gangster apes installed by the dealer.

During the install, they called me to say that the Carlini bars were not drilled for the pin on the '15s. They asked if I wanted them to drill the bars for the pin or to pull the pin instead.

I told them to pull the pin and that I didn't want any drilling done on the bars.

They never said anything about any type of risk or chance of voiding the warranty - not from the aftermarket bars, not from removing the pin, not from anything at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.