Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Looking on changing my bars on my 2017 glide, bought the Monster Mayhem from MFB,the problem is these bars are not pre drilled for the pin inside the clam shells,they told me just break or grind it,what's the purpose of that pin. there must be a reason for that being there! Thanks for the help guy's.

Marc

Attachments

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
The pin keeps them from rolling too far forward & pinching the internal wiring that comes out beside the pin. Just use vicegrips & pull it out. Then be careful to not pinch the wiring.

Reactions: RGlide2015

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The pins on the controls snap off surprisingly easy. I used a screwdriver as a stand off and whacked them with a hammer. Easy. The pin on the bottom handlebar clamp can either be pulled or pounded in. I pulled mine.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
yup. a pair of vice grips and the right combination of cuss words, it pulls out.

I figured they were there for when the bike rolls down the assembly line, they all have the same angles on the bars. I understand the RGU have the pin on the other side. So it also makes sure that person on the assembly line is using the correct bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts