Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking for options that don't require new cables and lines. Need to come back about 2" and up 1".

·
Registered
44 Posts
FBI Fat Baggers INC. Bars may work.

Item# 0601-0788
$214.95

Product Description

Custom designed for the FLHT® & FLHTC® Electra Glide® to enhance rider comfort. Depending on rotation when mounted 1.0" - 2.5" more end rise and 1.5" - 2.5" more pullback than the stock bars. An awesome look and they provide much better, ergonomic hand / wrist position for enhanced comfort, leverage and control. The grips are still positioned behind the fairing and they work with the stock cables, brake line and wiring in most cases. Pre drilled for internal wiring, knurled and show chrome plated.

Width 34.5", end rise 10.0", center 14.0", pullback 13.0".
http://store.fatbaggers.com/fbihandlebars1.html

T

·
0 Posts
You can go up to 10" mini apes without having to change the cables. Maybe 11-12 but you would be pushing it. You would have to relocate them though.

M

·
0 Posts
wild one chubbies wo515 they are a 10" baby ape, so 2"taller than stock works for me, no cable or wiring changes

F

·
0 Posts
You might also consider standard bars off a Road King or Road King Classic. Your stock cables will work, the only issue I've found is that you have to be stopped and turn your bars one way or the other to fully access the fairing glove boxes. I bought some take-offs on eBay for cheap and even got a spare set of cables with the bars.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Road 6 customs on ebay makes a set specifically made for Road Glides that doesn't require any wire splicing or longer cables according to them. They are kinda cool looking if your looking to change yours out for cheap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been looking at the Khrome Werks Sweepers +2. They appear to come back far enough without going to far up. A guy over at the hdforums did the change out on his roadie and did not require new cables. The pics he had of the install looked really good.

·
Registered
263 Posts
New bars

Heritage bars will work for the later model Road Glides. No cable changes needed as everything bolts up fine. I have several friends who have done the switch to Heritage bars and both are happy as a dead pig in the sunshine. It seems to have solved their shoulder pains completely. I have not done it yet but will probably do so when it gets too cold outside to ride. It is nice to have friends who do these things first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't know if this has been shared or not,, But to save some time take a dremmel tool and cut the plastic away over the bolts so you don't need to take the whole nacel off.

Big time saver !! The Heritage bars or Wide Glide bars will work without cable changes.

Charlie

·
Registered
407 Posts
I cannot decide between the WO515, Sweeper+2, or the Heritage bars...but I think with the Hertidage they are not big enough to internal wire and I do want to do that and try to do it myself.

Anyone know any differences in the Sweeper+2 and the WO515?

Also any tips and tricks on the internal wiring?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I'm going back and forth between the heritage and the sweepers as well. I've read a lot of posts and seen pictures, and Im really leaning towards the sweepers,.. just gotta get them painted black instead of chrome.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I ran both the Heritage Bars, and the Sweeps +2. For me it was the Sweeps hands down.

K

·
0 Posts
Dragman you are in my neck of the woods. I work off exit 16. Your bike is looking great

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't know if this has been shared or not,, But to save some time take a dremmel tool and cut the plastic away over the bolts so you don't need to take the whole nacel off.

Big time saver !! The Heritage bars or Wide Glide bars will work without cable changes.

Charlie
it does'nt take but 10 minutes to to remove the lock.cutting apiece that is easily removed is a sin.but it's not my bike.to each his own.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts