Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the touring models. I just picked up a 2010 black denim RG.

Would you consider the stock handlebars mini-apes (12")? Would it be smart to use them to gauge how much higher/lower you want to go when purchasing another set of handlebars? If I wanted to go an inch or two higher (14"), would I still be able to use the same cables?

Apologize for all the questions, i figured this would be the best place to ask.

thanks

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Stocks are no where near what I would consider mini apes. There is enough cable, for you to go to 15" of rise without having the change anything.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.

How much of a rise do you think the stocks have, if any?

The stock handlebars are very comfortable, but it seems that they are pulled back. Which made me think that if they were pushed forward a little it would look like minis.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I used to have the stock wrote down, but must of tossed that note. I am thinking its 9 maybe... I could be way off. If you cock them up, then your wrist angle would be really weird and uncomfortable. Do some searching on the forums, a lot of guys,... well most guys swap out their stock bars. So there is a lot of into about different kinds and you can see what others have done to help you decide if you want to do anything.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Yaffe 10" Monkey Bars

Man,... these are 10's supposedly. Chains are higher than these but, there is no comparison of these and stock bars. I'm 6'3" and these bars have been a welcome change. Been riding legally for 32 years,bought my first Harley in 1984, and should of done this aloooooooooooooooooong time ago.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks gents. Appreciate the input.

Definitely puts things into perspective for me. Those Yaffe's sets it off nice.

Now that I've seen what they look like, I think 10's are they way to go. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Yaffe's monkey bars are awesome. Get ahold of Dr V-Twin, they can get you the best price for them and they are a sponser of these forums.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts