Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
First, welcome to the site from Pittsburgh, Pa.

As for your question. It could be your hands are doing that on account of poor blood circulation. Once in a while, drop one of your hands below your heart for a little bit. Then do the other one.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
Adjust the levers maybe? - I use to run mine a tad "down" from my MX days and had to adjust to a more "flatter" position with them "out a bit" - My rule of thumb on height has always been"shoulder height or lower" as for me, if my hands were higher than my Collar Bone.....pins and needles after 20 mins

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
The main problem is your hands are above your heart and as you get older your blood circulation may be diminished.
I would suggest that you lower your handlebars to shoulder height.
But it's your ride so you decide.

Mark

·
Registered
7,727 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry I can’t really help on your question lotta reasons why that may take place. I think may be for the most part sometimes just too high of handlebars causes that.

Reactions: Panhead Karl

·
Registered
331 Posts
Oh yes, the backrest. I would ride, adjust the backrest, ride, adjust then suddenly it was perfect. As good as sitting in a lounge chair. Who woulda thought that little pad behind me could make suck a difference. I only use it for long rides and it makes those ride very comfortable.
Texas Smoker - now I see why guys have high bars on their bikes. "Go ahead, sit on it"

·
Registered
186 Posts
My right hand would go numb. Fingers would tingle the entire riding season and partly into the off season. At night the pain would wake me up.
I had it check, had carpal tunnel, had the surgery, recoup was quick, hand never goes numb anymore.
Worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have this also. I keep the bars low enough to have striaght arms. Large foam grips. And keep telling myself "Don't grab so TIGHT!".
I have carpul tunnel but plan to put off surgery forever. We'll see how that goes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have this also. I keep the bars low enough to have striaght arms. Large foam grips. And keep telling myself "Don't grab so TIGHT!".
I have carpul tunnel but plan to put off surgery forever. We'll see how that goes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
That was my thought till I had it done. Kicked myself for waiting so long.

·
Registered
331 Posts
My Dad was a Union Mason. In his later years I would take him to the union retiree's holiday party. What a bunch of tough guys, meaty hands on all of them. Old men still doing shit they should have stopped years ago. Quite a few of their children had taken their ladders away (I'm one too). Anyway, one of the conversations at dinner goes - "You got carpal tunnel? Yes. Me too - Me too - Me too....."

1 - 20 of 41 Posts