Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joined the "No-Mo Laying on the Garage Floor" club this afternoon, what a relief, Thanks to Firetech for the push :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: with his post.

I've been shopping for a couple weeks and had prices in my shopping carts. Called the companies today and discussed what I wanted/needed.
Found out if I was willing to go to the trucking terminal (3 towns over) vs having a Chinese lift delivered to my house, it would cost me $300 more for a lift made in Iowa. It was an easy decision for me.
No knock on the people that bought Chinese, as I don't have a wife to explain that $300 too
Now the 3 week wait will suck, while we are stuck at home.....

If anyone is on the ledge like I was on buying.......Call Andy at Motorcycle Lifts, you just might be surprised at the prices he is offering over the phone

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Joined the "No-Mo Laying on the Garage Floor" club this afternoon, what a relief, Thanks to Firetech for the push :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: with his post.

I've been shopping for a couple weeks and had prices in my shopping carts. Called the companies today and discussed what I wanted/needed.
Found out if I was willing to go to the trucking terminal (3 towns over) vs having a Chinese lift delivered to my house, it would cost me $300 more for a lift made in Iowa. It was an easy decision for me.
No knock on the people that bought Chinese, as I don't have a wife to explain that $300 too
Now the 3 week wait will suck, while we are stuck at home.....

If anyone is on the ledge like I was on buying.......Call Andy at Motorcycle Lifts, you just might be surprised at the prices he is offering over the phone
Congrats Bruce!
Don't forget the Pics once Your Great New Lift Table arrives.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,416 Posts
Awesome Bruce. Glad you were able to get the lift you wanted for the right price. You should have ordered 3 weeks ago and you would be picking up your new lift today 🤣

·
Registered
349 Posts
Help me out here. I looked at motorcyclelifts.com and saw the center lift scissor lift. I have a concern about no tie downs. I am sure I am missing something. What is it?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome Bruce. Glad you were able to get the lift you wanted for the right price. You should have ordered 3 weeks ago and you would be picking up your new lift today 🤣
LMAO @ Ike

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,416 Posts
Help me out here. I looked at motorcyclelifts.com and saw the center lift scissor lift. I have a concern about no tie downs. I am sure I am missing something. What is it?
The one I bought came with tie down locations, but they would have been easy to add for under $10.00

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Iam sorry, I can't help. If I had it sitting in front of me, I'd know more.
I will say, This is what the HD dealerships buy and they are American made...is good enough for me
Either stop at your local dealership and check out their Handy lifts or call Andy @ Motorcyclelifts
That's his discount webpage of his Company to compete with the "discount" motorcycle lifts out there His main company, The Carlson Company has the Handy lifts for more $$

·
Registered
349 Posts
I sat on my bike while at the dealership having stuff installed. The tech messed himself because he told me to get on the bike. Well I followed his direction and mounted the bike. What he didn't know was I mount using the floorboard. I must say the bike didn't budge. Interesting

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I sat on my bike while at the dealership having stuff installed. The tech messed himself because he told me to get on the bike. Well I followed his direction and mounted the bike. What he didn't know was I mount using the floorboard. I must say the bike didn't budge. Interesting
I "was" a Road Captain (yeah I know, big fuking deal) in my local Hog chapter, and was allowed access into the shop area, every time something was going on at the dealership, demo rides, blacktop tuesdays, weekend parties, etc..........
And I looked at every lift in the shop and every bike being wrenched on, NEVER had tie downs.....from tire replacement to complete motor work.
Let that sink in-------As the dealership is responsible for damage.
I always knew a Handy Lift would be in my future, just couldn't get over the cost.
And I personally know the pervious owner of the dealership and was told by him, that he tells his techs, If they don't use fender and tank covers they would be fired on the spot

·
Registered
349 Posts
First. I am sure the folks you led on rides as a Road Captain appreciated your time and effort. RC's (some not all) put in a lot of there time to allows others to enjoy their spare time

Now retired from a major oil company. It was drilled into my head about avoiding risk. So I see it working in the shop as you stated, I see the videos and it's really a WOW moment. But the sinking in part is difficult. I am trying.
Thanks for the information about what you witnessed.

·
Registered
123 Posts
BIG congrats on the new lift...glad I could help, LOL. Handy was my 1st choice but have to spread out the funds, you know have to but more new parts for a new bike. LOL.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BIG congrats on the new lift...glad I could help, LOL. Handy was my 1st choice but have to spread out the funds, you know have to but more new parts for a new bike. LOL.
LOL, Thanks for the help, between you and Ike, I "finally" decided that laying on the garage floor is for the under 30 crowd......which was 35 yrs ago for me.
Living on a fixed income, I completely understand the cost vs paying bills, eating, paying a mortgage, etc.....
I was able to narrow down the cost difference by picking up the lift at the trucking terminal vs having it delivered to the curb at my house. 3 yrs at $10.00 a month, will pay for the difference, is how I justified the difference

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First. I am sure the folks you led on rides as a Road Captain appreciated your time and effort. RC's (some not all) put in a lot of there time to allows others to enjoy their spare time

Now retired from a major oil company. It was drilled into my head about avoiding risk. So I see it working in the shop as you stated, I see the videos and it's really a WOW moment. But the sinking in part is difficult. I am trying.
Thanks for the information about what you witnessed.
Well, Thanks :D
I spent maybe 20yrs of my 42yr Steamfitter career in refineries, so I absolutely understand what your saying about risk assessment. Which is why I said, on another post, "There are no stupid questions", which I thought was common sense. But I guess that depends on what environment you work in
Enjoy your Retirement

·
Registered
89 Posts
Father always said. "Boy, it don't cost much more to go first class". I've owned/used Handy lifts for over 35 years, NO issues.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Of what? LOL
Hey Bruce did they give You a date of when to expect Your New Handy Lift Table.
Looking forward to Your review of it.
I know most of those that have one say they are the best.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Mike, Andy told me he was out of stock and had already placed a new order with Handy. I told him I was ready to order, this way no more flip flopping like I've been doing for 2 months.
He said figure a month, but call him back in 3 weeks. It will be dropped shipped from the factory

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Hey Mike, Andy told me he was out of stock and had already placed a new order with Handy. I told him I was ready to order, this way no more flip flopping like I've been doing for 2 months.
He said figure a month, but call him back in 3 weeks. It will be dropped shipped from the factory
Hey Bruce hopefully You will get it sooner than later Bro.
Handy makes the best motorcycle lift table in My opinion.
You’re gonna love it I’m sure.
I’m hoping to get one someday.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Bruce hopefully You will get it sooner than later Bro.
Handy makes the best motorcycle lift table in My opinion.
You’re gonna love it I’m sure.
I’m hoping to get one someday.
Mike U.

Iam just chilling till it get here. My first project will to be mount my freshly painted lowers with my Mmats. Still haven't built up the courage to cut my inner fairing yet!😂
Funny as I had no issues cutting that 15's inner fairing.
But tunes have got to improve on this bike, and I have Mmats, a Stinger amp, line levers, etc just begging to be put to use

1 - 20 of 65 Posts