Road Glide banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well, got a call from the freight office that my shipment was in. When I returned the call to schedule a time for me to pick up my lift, I asked the nice lady for the dimensions of the shipment so I would know if it would fit into my Explorer. I told her I didn't know if I should rent a pickup or not.
She went from a nice lady to a C U Next Tuesday lady and told me to rent a truck.....lol
I said fuk it and drove, in yet another snow storm, to the terminal, figuring I could break the pallet apart to fit it in my truck.
The forklift driver that brought it out to my truck asked if I had a forklift to unload it....I guess they were pissed I cut them out of the delivery fee.
Anyway had to break down the shipping pallet to fit, but I made it home with my new lift

Took it down to the last two boxes, which I couldn't handle myself. So I broke out the rigging and started yanking

I took along 2 pieces of 1" pipe that I put under the pallet before the forklift set the load down. The lift basically rolled out of the truck. I pulled it out, till the end of the pallet fell onto the step bumper. Then used my old faithful Craftsman bike jack to lift the table lift off the bumper. Then pulled the truck out of the garage

Unboxed the lift and to my surprise, it was upside down.....wtf!
Had to hang rigging to the 2" tube steel structure of my garage to pick up and flip the lift table. Would have been nice to have some help, but all my friends have jobs.
After 4 hrs of typical bs and cutting up cardboard boxes for recycling.......
I have a Handy lift in my garage, so I put my snowblowers on it until Raquel gets back home

I ordered the side extensions as I was afraid with my short legs, of tipping over while driving up on the lift. If I had to do it over, I wouldn't have ordered them and just built some extensions with plywood. They would be easier to move out of the way when wrenching
I did order the dolly to move the lift around and that's a great purchase. I moved the lift around my garage myself with no sweat
The Handy wheel chock is a very nice piece, but didn't take a pic of it.
The Handy Jack for removing wheels was 3 bills, so I passed on that and ordered a $80 Ebay jack instead. It remains to be seen if that was a smart move.
I saved for 9 months to buy table lift and Iam so glad I chose a Handy

First job up will be a stereo upgrade

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Well, got a call from the freight office that my shipment was in. When I returned the call to schedule a time for me to pick up my lift, I asked the nice lady for the dimensions of the shipment so I would know if it would fit into my Explorer. I told her I didn't know if I should rent a pickup or not.
She went from a nice lady to a C U Next Tuesday lady and told me to rent a truck.....lol
I said fuk it and drove, in yet another snow storm, to the terminal, figuring I could break the pallet apart to fit it in my truck.
The forklift driver that brought it out to my truck asked if I had a forklift to unload it....I guess they were pissed I cut them out of the delivery fee.
Anyway had to break down the shipping pallet to fit, but I made it home with my new lift
View attachment 424169

Took it down to the last two boxes, which I couldn't handle myself. So I broke out the rigging and started yanking
View attachment 424170

I took along 2 pieces of 1" pipe that I put under the pallet before the forklift set the load down. The lift basically rolled out of the truck. I pulled it out, till the end of the pallet fell onto the step bumper. Then used my old faithful Craftsman bike jack to lift the table lift off the bumper. Then pulled the truck out of the garage
View attachment 424171

Had to hang rigging to the 2" tube steel structure of my garage to pick up and flip the lift table. Would have been nice to have some help, but all my friends have jobs.
I have a Handy lift in my garage, so I put my snowblowers on it until Raquel gets back home
View attachment 424172

I ordered the side extensions as I was afraid with my short legs, of tipping over while driving up on the lift. If I had to do it over, I wouldn't have ordered them and just built some extensions with plywood. They would be easier to move out of the way when wrenching
I did order the dolly to move the lift around and that's a great purchase. I moved the lift around my garage myself with no sweat
The Handy Jack for removing wheels was 3 bills, so I passed on that and ordered a $80 Ebay jack instead. It remains to be seen if that was a smart move.

Someday....I’ll get tired of crawling around on the floor and get a lift.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
View attachment 424169

View attachment 424170

View attachment 424171

View attachment 424172

You putting them MMats in. Got to see if you get around not putting them in upside down this time, lol. I hope not so I don’t have to redo mine.

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,406 Posts
LOL awesome Bruce. Glad you got it home safe. You will be glad you ordered the side extensions. For the price they are worth it and better than fabricating something out of wood. Even when you are wrenching you will leave them on, gives you more room to set tools down and they don't get in the way.

I can imagine they were a bit surprised you showed up in an suv. a trailer was ideal, I wasn't going to haul mine in the back of my pickup. Mine arrived a week after my accident so I didn't want to fight to much unloading it. Mine came upside down as well and there was a reason for setup if I remember correct? but it was a pain to flip by myself.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Get on it. Sooner the better. Crawling around on the garage floor is for suckers 😁
I know, I know. I do need one as I am not planning on ever having the dealer touch my bike unless it’s a warranty issue, and then that will depend on how serious of a nature it is. I’d just assume do stuff myself as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You putting them MMats in. Got to see if you get around not putting them in upside down this time, lol. I hope not so I don’t have to redo mine.
I could never install something upside down......just can't, I'd be rolling around in bed all night :LOL:

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,406 Posts
I know, I know. I do need one as I am not planning on ever having the dealer touch my bike unless it’s a warranty issue, and then that will depend on how serious of a nature it is. I’d just assume do stuff myself as much as possible.
Then if you have room for it, it will pay for itself after the first oil change 😁

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
@Bruce00 glad You finally got Your Handy Lift Bro!
Great job unloading and putting it together all by Yourself.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Why is it shipped upside down? Did anybody say? Easier to ship maybe with a flat bottom?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Why is it shipped upside down? Did anybody say? Easier to ship maybe with a flat bottom?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
The only reason I could think of, there is a ziptie that needs to be cut holding the air line to the table frame. If the table was shipped right side up, you wouldn't see the tag telling you to cut the ziptie. Its not like the buyer would pick up several hundred pounds just to look under the table.
The table lift is strapped down (metal banded) to a 7ft long wooden pallet. It wasn't going anywhere.

·
Registered
294 Posts
View attachment 424169

View attachment 424170

View attachment 424171

View attachment 424172

Did you order direct from Handy?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Did you order direct from Handy?
Ordered from Andy Carlson directly. Call him at motorcycle lifts and explain your on the fence on buying a Handy or a Chinese lift, he will even beat his online prices......or atleast he did for me

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Raquel made it home today, along with her new "enhanced boobs"
Nothing to see here, just a stock 114 with the baffling removed, that's why it sounds different

Oh, and with the Steady Eddie Signature Series heads

·
Registered
8,404 Posts
Raquel made it home today, along with her new "enhanced boobs"
Nothing to see here, just a stock 114 with the baffling removed, that's why it sounds different View attachment 424271

Oh, and with the Steady Eddie Signature Series heads
View attachment 424272
Congrats @Bruce00 on getting "Your Beauty", Raquel, home safe and sound, and up on Your Great New Handy Lift Table Bro!
Now for the Sunshine and Salt-Free Roads to arrive so You can Get Out and About.
Mike U.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts