Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the proper place but...Picked up a Harbor Freight lift, upgraded it with their "Condor" style wheel chock and had to pick up a piece of 1" steel at Tractor Supply to replace the lock bar it comes with...

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I have the same lift,used the flip up wheel chock,had to shorten the back loop about an inch it was on the fender,got the two year warranty,may have to use it,its leaking hyd fluid

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the 2nd one I got, the first one puked hyd fluid all over the floor the first time I stepped on the pedal to raise it...For about $350 total it works good for me...The bicycle is my wifes, springer front end! LOL

Ryan

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have the exact set up but I cut notches in the side lip (about an 1" from the front of the lift) so the condor T-member would sit in them and be flush with the bottom. This added a little more security for me.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Even with the chock I would strap that nice glide to the rings on the side just in case.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the exact set up but I cut notches in the side lip (about an 1" from the front of the lift) so the condor T-member would sit in them and be flush with the bottom. This added a little more security for me.
I was thinking about that, but with it positioned like I have it, the rear drop out will work for changing rear tires etc. I do plan to make some stiffeners to go from the table to the chock "arms" to stiffen it up.

Ryan

·
Registered
723 Posts
Well my motorcycle floor jack exploded a few days ago. I Had been looking at this and other lifts to replace it but someone please answer a question for me.

What do you do when you are doing tire repairs or replacements. How do you get the wheels off the ground for removal? That is involved in most of my maintaince.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lift

I got the same one with the same wheel chock.I use a black widow sissor lift to raise the bike to get the wheels of the lift.what I have trouble with is getting the bike out of the wheel chock when trying to get off the lift.any ideas?

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Well my motorcycle floor jack exploded a few days ago. I Had been looking at this and other lifts to replace it but someone please answer a question for me.

What do you do when you are doing tire repairs or replacements. How do you get the wheels off the ground for removal? That is involved in most of my maintaince.
You need a jack to raise it off the lift. Here is one of many. http://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-lift-jack.htm

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got the same one with the same wheel chock.I use a black widow sissor lift to raise the bike to get the wheels of the lift.what I have trouble with is getting the bike out of the wheel chock when trying to get off the lift.any ideas?
They best way I've seen yet is to make a set of side steps for your feet, I'm making a set up from 2x6"s the lenght of the table with rubber feet on the bottom so they dont slide...I've seen pics of elaborate metal ones too, but I have the 2x6"s already

Ryan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
112 Posts

Buy a pitbull or J&S lift. You can do all maintenance, takes up less garage space when not in use, can use it to really clean bike and wheels. I've got a pitbull air-dyna model (dyna model works on all HD models, it uses two arms instead of solid platform at frame to lift bike so you can access all drain plugs. The optional plate that allows you to rotate bike while it is on lift is inexpensive, easy to install and really adds versatility ). Raised height is 25 inches. These are high quality lifts. Also no one likes to talk about it, but at my age I was never comfortable walking a 900lb bike on a lift with no one else around, not an issue with pitbull, just roll lift under bike

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I still have an eagle lift i bought 20 yrs ago,but the table is nice for a long term project,dont like bendig over as much as i used to,stiil use my lift jack for cleaning and oil changes,i start my bike and walk beside it to load it on the lift table,untill i make a set of outriggers

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Buy a pitbull or J&S lift. You can do all maintenance, takes up less garage space when not in use, can use it to really clean bike and wheels. I've got a pitbull air-dyna model (dyna model works on all HD models, it uses two arms instead of solid platform at frame to lift bike so you can access all drain plugs. The optional plate that allows you to rotate bike while it is on lift is inexpensive, easy to install and really adds versatility ). Raised height is 25 inches. These are high quality lifts. Also no one likes to talk about it, but at my age I was never comfortable walking a 900lb bike on a lift with no one else around, not an issue with pitbull, just roll lift under bike
+1 on the pitbull lift. Got mine used and love it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions. I have still been unable to find the simple "O" ring needed to repair my lift so I found a similar lift of Craig's list on the cheap and was able to scavenge some parts that to make it work.

I do like the Pitbull thought. It seems counter intuitive to have to use a second jack to service the wheels on the HF lift.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had my shark on the table for about 3 weeks up at full height, did the 1k service and a few mods, now my wife's sporty is on it, wouldn't trade this thing for the world now, I still have my Craftsman lift for tires but everything else is easier on the table...Going to add a couple outriggers so I can put my snowmobiles on it too if needed

Ryan

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
reviving an old thread:

I bought a HF lift today and I already had one of their chocks so I mounted it to the table, but I will be damned if I can get the bike out of it, I needed someone to push me out of it! I put my low rider on and I came out no problem. Any suggestions? I am also a little vertically challenged so I can't get a footing. I am considering an L type clamp instead any up side or downside?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts