Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current Black Friday ad. Who has this lift? Any problems or issues with it?

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have one and have never had a problem with it. I can tell you that at $429, it's way over priced. They'll usually have coupons or have it on sale at other times when you can get it at around $250 to $299.

Lil Chief

Reactions: ldireprophil

·
Registered
106 Posts
Its on sale now for $329.99, and then use the 20% off super coupon.

I don't have one so I can't help with a review.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I agree with lil chief. I have the lift and don't remember paying more than $299 for it. Now, I have owned it for several years, so the typical advertised "super special" may be higher now.

I really like the lift and have no problems with it. I have never put my Road Glide or any other bagger on it. I don't think I would hesitate to do so however. I have used mine for building Sportster based bobbers. I keep a bike on it all the time. I have not any problems with the cylinders leaking and find the lift to do everything I have asked it to do.

There are definitely better lifts out there. They are better designed and better constructed. They are also priced higher too. Just have to weigh out how much you want to have into a lift and what you expect it to do for you.

I would buy one again without question.

-c

·
Registered
169 Posts
there was a photo on my facebook feed a few months ago of one of these lifts with a shovelhead on it and the whole thing laying on its side, it looked like one side had collapsed. I cant find the pic now.

really though, if I had the garage space personally I would get one. I figure if you set it up, check all the fasteners and just be careful you should be fine.

if you can afford a $1000 lift you probably should get one of those but for $300"ish" this looks like a good deal.

edit, found the pic. not my pic, saw it on the internet...:surprise:

Attachments

·
Registered
889 Posts
The HF table lift is $279.99 on black Friday the 24th, 25th, and the 26th of this month. I have had my 2013 RGC on this lift many times with no problems what so ever. It is a lot better with some mods added.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
I've had one for a few years. I love it and it lifts my RG no problem. Keep am eye out for a different coupon because you can get them much cheaper than $400. Also if you buy one you should buy one of the wheel docks they sell and both the on the front in place of the one that comes with the lift. That way you can strap the bike down by yourself

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you know the brand and where to buy the higher quality one you mentioned for around $1000? Thanks

·
Registered
447 Posts
There are always coupons for $299 for this.
I have one and my biggest complaint with it is it is not wide enough when loading the Road Glide on it.
When I go to get off the bike there is is no room to put my foot down on the base, it needs to be wider.
There are modifications out there that you can add 2x6 to the sides to give you a place to step off.
It will get the job done, but I wish I would have bought something a little more heavy duty.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I have had one for a few years, got it for 299, my low rider lives on it, and I use it all the time for my RG. I splurged and got a wheel dock chock for it...makes it easy to ride up into it and out of it since I am vertically challenged.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
There are always coupons for $299 for this.
I have one and my biggest complaint with it is it is not wide enough when loading the Road Glide on it.
When I go to get off the bike there is is no room to put my foot down on the base, it needs to be wider.
There are modifications out there that you can add 2x6 to the sides to give you a place to step off.
It will get the job done, but I wish I would have bought something a little more heavy duty.
I walk along side the bike and clutch it up the ramp into place. It's way too narrow to ride it up without any extentions

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I got some 4x4's from old pallets at work and I lay them on the floor next to it, I am 5'7.5" tall and it works for me, once you get over the osh!t moment when you first start doing it....its why I went with the dock....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Reactions: geo8866

·
Registered
889 Posts
There having a black friday sale the 24th-26th, i'm sure you can get one a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Do you know the brand and where to buy the higher quality one you mentioned for around $1000? Thanks
Direct Lift. I have one and it lifts my 950# CVO with no problems and is steady as a rock at all heights. Handy Lifts are the Cadillac of lifts. The Direct is in the 1000.00 area with some accessories. The Handy is a little more. Both need compressed air to operate. I bought mine used 8 yrs ago from a shop going out of business. I paid around 400.00 at the time. If you are in no hurry used ones are for sale every now and then.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have had one for a few years, got it for 299, my low rider lives on it, and I use it all the time for my RG. I splurged and got a wheel dock chock for it...makes it easy to ride up into it and out of it since I am vertically challenged.
Same here. The wheel chock made life a little easier for the on and off operation,:smile:

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
If you get on harbor freights mailing list and they email coupons all the time. They even mail you flyer with the coupons. You can definitely find it for $325 to about $289

1 - 20 of 45 Posts