Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a flyer yesterday and HF is having a sale on June 9, 10 & 11. The lift table which is usually $430 will be going for $290. If you are on the fence about a lift table, this might push you over.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Picked up a flyer yesterday and HF is having a sale on June 9, 10 & 11. The lift table which is usually $430 will be going for $290. If you are on the fence about a lift table, this might push you over.
Not trying to be a douche, but there is no way i would put my bike on that crappy table or one of there jacks even if it was free.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've looked at them and would not trust it with my bike. Would probably be fine for a dirt bike just don't feel sturdy enough for me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no use for a lift table, but was just mentioning the sale for someone who might. My opinion of Harbor Freight is that their stuff is OK for shade-trees (such as myself) but nothing you would want to make a living with. I did, however, buy a pretty nice aluminum bike jack, which wasn't cheap.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I've actually heard nothing but positive things about their bike lift.. besides checking oil in jack cylinder and replacing wheel chock.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have a buddy who got one the last time they were on sale. He had the same issue with no oil in the jack, but after sorting it out it has been fine. Can't beat the value at that price.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Damn. For that price we could buy it, a new wheel chock and pay $100 to someone to weld in extra bracing (for those worried about it) and still save money.

·
Registered
432 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the lift table. Got it for free. I bought a condor wheel chock and have not had any issues. Have had a Road King, Streetglide and a few other cruisers on it without any issues. A lot of the negative comments here are probably from people that don't have first hand knowledge of the table and are making blind statements because it's harbor freight. I also have the yellow jack and have used it for the last 7 years without any issues aside from you have to modify the lowering portion of it because it lowers too fast.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have used one for a few years and found that it works well. The wheel chock is weak and unreliable but once you get the bike strapped down well the lift works great. If it was something I used everyday I would definitely look for something better but for the occasional routine maintainance it works fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Not trying to be a douche, but there is no way i would put my bike on that crappy table or one of there jacks even if it was free.
I've own their jack for the last 9 years. First 8 was supporting my 06 Yamaha Road Star and it supported my 09 Road Glide all last winter. No issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts