Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out for a ride last weekend and a friend asked if anything had fallen off my bike. We took a look around the bike and could not find anything wrong. Just went to put something in the saddle bag a found a hole in it. Has anyone had this problem before? Not sure if this is a warranty issue or not.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Hole in it, like the lid flew off? Jeez man that would totally suck. Hard to say about the warranty, that could definitely go either way. Good luck.

Rowdy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Stop carrying rats in your saddlebags, them bastards will chew a hole through anything

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The break looks like something heavy hit it from the inside.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
The break looks like something heavy hit it from the inside.
That or a big hard object hit it hard from underneath. Did you hit any major potholes? It doesn't look lime a defect to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
Wow that a crazy spot to get a hole! Did you drop something heavy in your bag? I really punish the hard saddlebags on my work bike and Ive never had anything like that happen

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
The extensions won't fix the hole though.

Any idea on how to fix the hole an what a new bottom would cost me?
Luckily it's not in a spot that's noticeable. Easiest/cheapest fix would be to patch it with a piece of abs plastic or similar and JB Weld from the inside. Or, you can find good deals on used bags. Here's a pair in perfect shape for $275 that seems close to your color (can't tell for sure if yours is red or orange).

http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-parts/638514-2010-road-glide-fender-bags-and-gauges.html

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is the right colour match as it is scarlet red. It looks orange/red it the right light. Will have to email him to see if he will ship to Canada an the cost.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Forger,
Barnett HD in ElPaso, Tx. has alot of used bags for sale. Try emailing them they do a fair amount of internet sales. Duane5157

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The hole is at the bottom of the bag. Here is a picture of it. No rats in Alberta
You could patch it using LMC fiberglass resign, or find someone that does plastic welding (body shops sometime fix bumper covers), or buy some used bags from a trike conversion, or replace the bags with something slick like top shop bags.

Aint much, money wont fix.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
It does look like something was dropped from the insde. I would go to a auto body/paint supply shop & see what they can suggest to fix it. I lay down on the bottom of my bags a towel & use the HD bags that fit inside.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm going to say it was the HD tool kit. The bag it's in doesn't offer much protection. I took mine out and I'm carrying a different one. I rode with it before I got my other kit and have heard it bang around in there if I'd hit a big bump and I took it out for fear of that happening. If your going to use it put it in something else or with something else rain gear or whatever. As far as fixing the hole sounds like they got you covered.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
It's a perfect drain hole for icing down beer. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts