Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starting after a few miles on the road, stopped for gas went to start bike in gear and engine rotated then locked up, hit start botton again same thing put bike in netural and it started fine. dont know how it didnt shear starter shaft, anybody else have this happen?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thats why you shift into neutral?

Never had this issue because I start my bike in neutral ALL the time. That is why they put that little green N on the dash. Its pretty easy shift the transmission down into first gear then stick your toe under the shifter and push up ever so slightly with your toe and the green N will come on.:confused:

·
Registered
74 Posts
starting after a few miles on the road, stopped for gas went to start bike in gear and engine rotated then locked up, hit start botton again same thing put bike in netural and it started fine. dont know how it didnt shear starter shaft, anybody else have this happen?
Sounds like it was just a heat soak hard start, or 'hot restart'. Probably had nothing to do with being in gear.If you were already riding it, the clutch shouldn't of had any residual friction lock. Sometimes you get a 'compression lock' when the bike is hot and you only shut it down for a short period. You can usually prevent it from happening if you 'bump' the starter once, before you actually attempt to start it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
compression lock is just how it acted, i might adjust the clutch a red hair.
i always start the bike in gear dont like the big clunk when dropping into first, plus its a hassle to pick my foot and fish around for netural

1 - 4 of 4 Posts