Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to hard wire a cord to charge my phone and run it into the glove box. I have looked and cant find what i need and i know this is stupid to ask because im sure its on here but i cant find it.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
If you have the pig tail connector for a tender or heated gear already then just buy the extended cig lighter that plugs into the pigtail and run it to the saddlebag. Thats exactly what i did and i use a car charger that i already had. Works great. A lil food for thought :)

·
Registered
643 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
On the 2015, it has a usb plug in the glove box, but it goes to radio for flash drive music. Is there a way to change it to have power to plug a cell charger cord? Something under fairing, maybe splicing off cigarette lighter. I'd rather charger with cable AND phone in glove box since there's already a usb connection in there, not from the cigarette lighter

·
Registered
643 Posts
Be sure you know how much power your phone needs before you make your purchase. It used to be that phone needed 1.2 amp (1200ma) for charging. Some of the newer , larger phones as well as tablets need 2.1 amp or more.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I spliced into the cig lighter wiring inside the fairing, added another 12v power source and mounted it in my left glove box, works like a charm and was like $12

1 - 11 of 11 Posts