Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a thread on here recently talking about relocating the cruise control to the left side. It was mentioned hard wiring the cruise control to always on. I was wondering if it would be safe to do this. Are there any stories of the cruise control being unable to shut off by the brakes, clutch, or throttle, requiring it to be shut off with the switch? Safety is priority.
I wish to install a second accessory switch for extra lighting. The original switch for heated seats, and heated grips.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks in advance.

2013 FLRTU

·
Super Moderator
9,760 Posts
Never herd of an issue doing that , never considered it , but I have kept it 'armed' for quite some time whether in use or not , and I know some who leave the switch on all the time

JtB

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Moving the switches is not an issue at all. My cruise switch is on 95% of the time. I don't like reaching down to turn it on when I need it so I just leave it on. There is nothing magical about the location.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
My switch has been on for 2 years/15,000 miles on this bike, was on for nearly 10 years on my last bike. No reason to turn it off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All good news. I'm going to attempt to remove the Cruise Control switch, at some point, and just hard wire it on all the time. This way I can have a second accessory switch. Anyone know of a place I could find accessory switches and harnesses, so I can start pricing this thing out?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts