Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased the adjustable backrest 52423-09A and mounting kit 52596-09A from Harley to use with my stock 15' RGS seat and I hate it. On the lowest setting for the back rest it sits too high and is too far forward. Has anyone modified theirs to sit lower and maybe bent the backrest further back? I have a welder so contemplating a little modification so I can lean back a bit more and to get the back pad lower. I don't see any other way to make this work. It also seems to move me forward about an inch, so need to adjust my highway pegs and handlebars as well. Just curious if anyone els has run into this issue and what you did. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for his link, I think his way is a bit more involved since he actually changed the height of the mounting kit so it wouldn't protrude through the seat. The one I have looks fine when the backrest is removed :) so I think I'll move ahead with my plan to cut it down and re-weld. I'll post pics of it as I go for future reference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts