Road Glide banner

Harley chizeled lo bars are on

19K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Thermodyne 
#1 · (Edited)
Happy with the fit and finish of these Harley bars. The height and position are what I wanted. Very happy with the end result and bars look better than expected. They say 10" but think they are actually closer to 9" Removed the pin and positioned the bars as forward as I possibly could. Any further my controls would hit my screen at full lock.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Congrats man - I absolutely LOVE Mine and think they are the perfect bar for me with my size and seat - Even had a Bro who is 150% NON Harley spin the M8 this weekend for a min and he came back and said......."I see why you like it, the bars are great unlike some of the other HD Bars I see and this front end is surprisingly lighter than what I expected" - He owns an Indy Shop and see's every bike under the sun..........and has never once complimented ANY HD I have ever owned......ever

#12 ·
You thinking of the 10" or the 14" I might have went with 12" if Harley had that option, but happy with the 10"

#13 ·
I hear ya my arms are not that long either. I actually pushed mine too far forward yesterday. Didn't realize while sitting on to adjust, but once I started riding I want to bring back a tad to be in a more comfortable riding position. That's the good thing about punching the set pin down, you can move the bars forward or back whatever you are comfortable riding.

Reactions: 129834
#16 · (Edited)
Bars are great no complaints and comfy. I had mine too forward and had to re-adjust after riding for 50 miles. No big deal just get in dialed in. My buddy is a harley mechanic and did my bars, he made it look easy with wire loom, wire to fish through and compressed air to push. Handles great no complaints there, now I don't feel like I am riding a tricycle lol. I also added the 1" up and out floor board extenders from vtwin goodies, it helps, good luck.

#18 ·
Sorry for raising the years dead thread. But..........

Chizeled Low Handle Bar 55800568

OK so I'm looking at these bars and have a question for those running them. I want the grips further forward than oem on my 19 FLTRU. And I want them to have less turn back at the grip, so that my wrists are straighter. A little lower is good and about the same width. These would seem to fit the bill. Anyone running them please do comment.

Past that, did you need the hoses and cable extension Harley says needs to be purchased with them? I've seen Harley say ta new brake line was needed when it was a 1/4 inch difference. I'm thinking the answer is no, but that's just a guess from looking at some photos.

#19 ·
Great looking set of bars - been on my radar as of late as I’m not a fan of the look of my stock RG Limited bars. Problem i have is that i went from stock CVO Street Glide bar position which made my right wrist go numb about every 15mins (herniated neck disc issue). The stock RG tricycle bar position doesn’t cause me any numbness but I’d love to switch it out for a set that has more appeal. Seems like its a bit of a gamble selecting bars and I haven’t seen many setups at dealers. I know there’s tons of bar options out there but how did you decide on the chiseled Lo bars?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.