Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
FYI just installed the Harley CoolFlow Fan with paint matched air deflector from Advanblack. It fits with no modification to the lower part for clearance for fan as Harley has separate air diflector kit for cool fan
It really looks awesome. I love those deflectors paint matching the bike. Congratulations.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I actually have the black Harley ones I ordered with the fan kit couple months back (just got around to installing it) before knew Advanblack has color match ones. I ordered them forgetting that the right side has cut out to accommodate the fan. I asked Advanblack which they said likely wouldn’t fit and offered refund . Figured I could make the cut and touch up the edge. When got them compared them with the HD and saw AB was a bit shorter so gave it a shot to see if would work without cutting.

The instructions suck as say to install a clip. On the left side the top hole is actually threaded so no clip needed. The right i put the clip and seemed almost impossible to get the bolt in as the top of the head is in the way. Just below that spot is a threaded hole so I just drilled a hole in the plastic defector. So much easier!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
FYI just installed the Harley CoolFlow Fan with paint matched air deflector from Advanblack. It fits with no modification to the lower part for clearance for fan as Harley has separate air diflector kit for cool fan
So after putting on some miles, is the CoolFlow Fan worth it?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
i normally don't ride in the city, but it sure comes in handy when mine kicks on in traffic.

it helps keeps the air from the back cylinder from roasting the boys and routes it down to the inside of the exhaust.

anybody that has sat on an older softail in traffic knows from whence i speak.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
So after putting on some miles, is the CoolFlow Fan worth it?
I've had the cool fan for two years now. Yes it works. Yes it cools off my leg some. It's a help for normal riding around town. With that said, I really bought it for parade duty. And it's GREAT for that!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
514 Posts
I've had the cool fan for two years now. Yes it works. Yes it cools off my leg some. It's a help for normal riding around town. With that said, I really bought it for parade duty. And it's GREAT for that!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ahh parade duty. I miss that detail.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts