Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install HD heated grips and can't figure out how to hook up the Orange Whte wire to the fuse block. The instructions say to remove the orange secondary tab and install the clip.. I can see orange tab but can't figure out how to remove it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
It's a pain in the butt. You have to take the fuse panel loose from the bike and if I remember right the secondary lock comes out the back side. I did it when I installed my Zumo. I followed the directions included with the kit, but I had to read them several times before they finally made sense.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that's what it looked like to me. The instructions have to be the poorest instructions I have ever read. AJ

·
Registered
639 Posts
Sorry I can't help more but it's been about 2 years since I wired my GPS so I don't remember exactly how I did it. I do remember thinking a moron wrote the directions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Luckily I am retired and have plenty of time to figure this out. The secondary tab is on the front, it is the orange tabs on the front and they will come out ,you have to take a small sharp screwdriver to try to wedge under the tab and take needle nose pliers and grab the tab on one end and just work it until it comes loose. You are right about taking the fuse box loose because you have to insert the fuse socket from the underside and when you put the secondary lock back in it locks the socket in place.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Oh yeah, that sounds right LOL. It was a huge PITA, but I am glad I did it that way because my OCD likes it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, I have a question too. My 2011 Ultra came with stock heated grips already installed. I'm getting ready to swap out my stock bars with some Khromeworks 2+2 Sweepers.

Are the stock HD heated grips internally wired? I want to make sure I have everything good to go before I start tearing into.

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts