Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any input would be appreciated.
I am considering either of these. Need to have some more lighting up front. Would love to light the road directly in front but also fill the sides a bit for a wider lighting pattern.

DayMakers:
and they need these so I can mount to the engine guard:

OR
Custom Dynamics:
and they need these so I can mount to the engine guard:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I don’t have any experience with these products but I have used several CD products and am currently running their Trubeam headlight on my Raider and had their running lights on my highway bar, took them off for some more industrial looking Rigid LEDs.

Of those two choices I would go with Custom Dynamics every time.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I have the Harley Fogs and I think they are pretty decent but would love to see what these two look like side by side. Otherwise it definitely lights up the sides pretty well.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Great question! I’ve been thinking about adding the Custom Dynamics myself.

Reactions: WideGlide

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I've used Custom Dynamics lights on my last three Harleys! Can't go wrong...

·
Administrator
12,543 Posts
I have the Harley lights on my bike, absolutely love them. I also use a lot of Custom Dynamics products and like them. I guess it would come down to price. The Harley of course are plug and play, very simple to install, I’m not familiar with CD for this particular product.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My vote is Custom Dynamics...Solid and great CS!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not on your list but you might consider these. Just put Clearwater Darlas on my limited. Quality lights and they are bright for their size.

darla1.jpg darla2.jpg

·
Registered
5,556 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
It was a little more involved than I thought it would be. Definitely getting to know my bike.
fltrk2.jpg
fltrk3.jpg

Reactions: dbell66253

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much are the Clearwaters?

·
Registered
41 Posts
How much are the Clearwaters?
$499 complete with wiring, and dimmer. I know that's a bit high, but the quality Is top notch. Check out their website.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I went with the Harley Daymakers, but instead of the engine guard mounts, I went with the fairing mount option and Custom Dynamics Ringz with smoked lenses in the turn signals. Lights up the front pretty well, and the fog lamps add a decent amount of throw off to the sides. Still considering adding some down on the forks so I have some extra lighting down low.
Saoirse -Front end.jpg

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Whenever someone ask me what I would choose between HD lights and CD lights, I ask them if they prefer to have a 1 year warranty or a lifetime warranty? Then the choice seems pretty simple after that.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the HD Daymaker Reflector LED fog lamps mounted on the fairing. They are paired with the CD LED turn signals/running lights. They do a nice job and integrate nicely. I have some CD aux lights on my Slim and I actually think they light up a little better.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,503 Posts
I went with the Harley Daymakers, but instead of the engine guard mounts, I went with the fairing mount option and Custom Dynamics Ringz with smoked lenses in the turn signals. Lights up the front pretty well, and the fog lamps add a decent amount of throw off to the sides. Still considering adding some down on the forks so I have some extra lighting down low.
View attachment 411451 View attachment 411450 View attachment 411453
You probably already know this, but just in case you don't .... always mount the fog lights as low as is practical, whereas driving lights would be most effective up on the fairing. One thing's for sure, they'll see you coming!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I second this motion. Even buying the chrome caps for mine, They're still a great deal. Pricey yes, but good ain't cheap and cheap ain't good.
Good morning, were you able to use a HD switch on the panel or the supplied switch with lights? Curious about that. I have the HD lights on the engine guard want these for the forks. Like using the HD switches though. Curious of how they wired up. Looking at the site haven't found the instruction manual on them yet.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Good morning, were you able to use a HD switch on the panel or the supplied switch with lights? Curious about that. I have the HD lights on the engine guard want these for the forks. Like using the HD switches though. Curious of how they wired up. Looking at the site haven't found the instruction manual on them yet.
Previous post from close to 6 years ago talks about how I had the previous set wired up. I used the HD switches I added to the left side of the fork lock and used one of the feeds from the harness I bought to power these.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts