Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so going to at least start this trip with these guys, Willie G and Bill Davidson!

"Ride to Sturgis with the Harley-Davidson Motor Company"

It’s the Mecca of motorcycling, and now you can ride to Sturgis with Harley-Davidson! Meet us at the home of Harley-Davidson in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, or join us along the way, for an unforgettable ride to the rally with fellow H-D enthusiasts, employees, and executives including CEO Keith Wandell, President and COO Matt Levatich, SVP and Chief Marketing Officer Mark-Hans Richer, SVP and Chief Styling Officer Willie G. Davidson and Vice President of the H-D Museum Bill Davidson.

The festivities will kick off at Bike Night at the Harley-Davidson Museum (www. Harley-Davidson.com) on Thursday, August 5. The ride begins on Friday morning and will wind through the heart of the Midwest and Black Hills, stopping at eight Harley-Davidson dealerships and rolling into Sturgis on Tuesday, August 10. Harley-Davidson riders and customers are welcome to join the ride and relax with the groups at various stops and dealer events.

The schedule of events for the Harley-Davidson Ride to Sturgis is as follows (subject to change):
• Thursday, August 5: 5:45 p.m. - Bike Night at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee
• Friday, August 6: 7:30 a.m. – Riders’ pancake breakfast and depart from Harley-Davidson Museum
o 10 a.m. - Capital City Harley-Davidson, Madison, Wis.
o 2 p.m. - Bala’s Harley-Davidson, Mauston, Wis.
o 5:45 p.m. - La Crosse Area Harley-Davidson, La Crosse, Wis.
• Saturday, August 7: 8:30 a.m. - Rochester Harley-Davidson, Rochester, Minn.
o 11:15 a.m. - Mankato, Harley-Davidson, Mankato, Minn.
o 5:30 p.m. - J&L Harley-Davidson, Sioux Falls, S.D.
• Sunday, August 8: 3:30 p.m. - Peterson Harley-Davidson, Pierre, S.D.
• Monday, August 9: 2:30 p.m. - Black Hills Harley-Davidson, Rapid City, S.D.
• Tuesday, August 10: 2 p.m. - Harley-Davidson Motor Company riders arrive in Sturgis with the 10th Annual Dakota Thunder Motorcycle Run followed by a moving veterans’ tribute and B-1 fly-by over Main Street.

In addition to the Ride to Sturgis, Harley-Davidson will be hosting free events at two all-new locations in the heart of Sturgis this year. Visit 3rd and Lazelle streets from Friday, Aug. 6 through Saturday, Aug. 14 for the Harley-Davidson Road Tour featuring the newly released 2011 Harley-Davidson motorcycles, other Harley-Davidson products and H.O.G. members-only pin stop. Demo rides for the 2011 Harley-Davidson motorcycles will be available in Sturgis near Interstate 90 at Exit 30 beginning Saturday, Aug. 7 through Friday, Aug. 13.

For the most up-to-date information on Harley-Davidson events at the 70th annual Sturgis Rally, please visit www.h-d.com/sturgis. You can view the Ride to Sturgis schedule, ride route, or use the Harley-Davidson Ride Planner to plot your own course.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wouldn't ride with that guy Wandell if he paid me to. Willy and Billy yes great guys, but Wandell No way in Hell........... He going to ruin the motor company........ Wandell says he was passion for the company, hell he don't even know how old the company is.......... He is a joke........

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't ride with that guy Wandell if he paid me to. Willy and Billy yes great guys, but Wandell No way in Hell........... He going to ruin the motor company........ Wandell says he was passion for the company, hell he don't even know how old the company is.......... He is a joke........
I could care less about Wandell, the Davidson family is where it's all at with the MOCO, they are in charge of the important stuff, the design of the bikes.

I saw both Bill and his Dad at the Evel Kneivel exhibit opening at the Museum, a couple of weeks ago,and like to spend time around Willie as often as I can. He won't be around forever, and then we can really talk about the future of HD.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What about where the bike is made............ If it the powertrain ain't built in Milwaukee it ain't a Harley.......... No more Milwaukee iron if its up to Wandell..........

·
Registered
341 Posts
I wouldn't think of riding in a group like that. Hundreds of various riding styles from; 100 yard interval riders to those who like to show their bikes performance while riding fender to fender.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts