Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all, I am on my fourth (yep 4th) headset from Harley (manufactured by Koss, read cheap!!) Anyway the boom mike keeps coming lose in the "socket" which attaches it to the wiring. Anyone have an idea/technique for keeping the end of the mike tight in the "socket".... thanks for any ideas, CSM-H

·
Administrator
10,366 Posts
it's the cord , not the mike , the cord is too short , they have finally came out with a longer cord that can be purchased without the mike and earpieces

Or are you talking about the mike coming loose from the headset ?

JtB

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Headsets malfunction

Yes it is the boom mike that comes out of it's fixture and then the system doesn't work....No issues with the cord attached to the bikes system... thanks, CSM-H

it's the cord , not the mike , the cord is too short , they have finally came out with a longer cord that can be purchased without the mike and earpieces

Or are you talking about the mike coming loose from the headset ?

JtB

·
Registered
644 Posts
Check out the headsets from J&M and EdSets.

Good alternatives.

·
Registered
412 Posts
HD headsets are P'sOS, even with my Madstad any speed over 40 MPH and you can't use the VOX, and over 50 MPH they are all but useless for anything other than listening to music, talking to your passenger is impossible over the wind whistle through the mikes.

You would think someone (ANYONE) could come up with a com system that actually works on our bikes, I find it very frustrating, and don't want to spend bigger bucks on a J&M or other to find they don't work either!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Harley Headsets

Yep you said it....pay BIG dollars for a Harley and get ten cent headset and mike.... My Goldwing/Valkyrie system was NEVER like this.... kinda makes you wonder.... The bike is great!! otherstuff not so much!!

HD headsets are P'sOS, even with my Madstad any speed over 40 MPH and you can't use the VOX, and over 50 MPH they are all but useless for anything other than listening to music, talking to your passenger is impossible over the wind whistle through the mikes.

You would think someone (ANYONE) could come up with a com system that actually works on our bikes, I find it very frustrating, and don't want to spend bigger bucks on a J&M or other to find they don't work either!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts