Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the factory iPod adapter on my 2012 RGC. My question is when I plug in my iPhone 4s it plays everything just fine, but does NOT charge the phone. I thought the factory iPod adapter did. Anyone know why or what I may have missed?

Mike.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
all i can suggest is to double check all the pin connections, you might have one that isn't fully connecting. it should charge your phone.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
It does charge the apple stuff, but it is a switched connection. My IPOD goes dead in a few days, but runs off the battery once the ignition is on.
i didn't think to mention that. i was assuming that he meant that it was not charging his phone during use. i didn't imagine that anyone would think that it was a constantly powered plug.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will check the pins again to see if something is loose. I did think that it would charge the iPhone with just the cable like it is meant to do. But for some reason mine is not. I bought it off another member here on the forum and he kept a couple parts to it. I had to buy a new harness (the main one with the Y connector on it), and that 35 pin connector and harness that is needed for the 2012 RGC without Navi or Intercom. I followed all the directions on both of them but do have a couple of connectors that are left unplugged. I didn't see anyplace to connect them on my bike. If anyone has a pic of them connected that would be GREAT!

Thanks,

Mike.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone out there with a RGC that has a iPod adapter installed that can send me a pic of the wiring connections? I am looking thru all the old posts and can't seem to find one.

I followed all the directions on the install sheet but have a couple connections that don't have anyplace to plug them into...

Just wondering if I am missing something somewhere...

Mike.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do a search and put in installing ipod interface. You should find a good thread with that and it has great pictures.

Sent from my DROID3 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts