Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't seen much talk on here about the Harley Mini Apes for 2013 and older bikes. I'm 5'7 and looking to replace the heritage bars on my 2012 with something that has a little more pullback as I like to lay back when I ride. According to the catalog, the mini's have about 2 more inches. I would like to get some feedback on these if any of you have tried them.

· Registered
1,189 Posts
I can't give you any feedback on these bars on a RG but I may have a set for sale in a month or so. They are off a 09 Crossbones. I liked them but my kid doesnt and he has the bike now. I am 5'9" and went with Krome Werks 2+2s. Great for short arms because they arc back to you. There are several threads on here about them. If anybody is interested in the mini apes send me a PM.

· Registered
1,041 Posts
Hi FreeBird, do you mean the H-D RG Fat Mini Ape (#55800094)? It has a 10" rise but a minimal pull back.
Have you considered some of the aftermarket (just had to ask :) mini-apes bars? Arlen Ness has a very nice modular 10" mini-apes.
I have a stock RG handlebar on my '01 CVO RG but I want the Bagger Nation Monkey Drag Bar. It combines cool style with comfort IMHO; it has a 8" rise and more than 8" pull back! BTW I'm 6'4"! :)

· Registered
2,266 Posts
Wow - maybe I can chip in on one here. I put these on my 13RGU when I got it new. 25k miles now w these bars. I like them a lot. I've tweaked their position a couple of times. I started w them a bit forward and have pulled them back a bit now. I'm 5'11" avg build. I've wondered if I wouldn't have liked them to be higher - and that would be comfortable too - but I really like these just like they are. To me they are not great for laying back though. I do that sometimes on longer rides and find myself hanging on w my finger tips.

To me they're great if you're ok not going for the taller apes. I like them a lot - but if you're looking for good pullback to lay back I don't know if these would really fit what you're looking for.

I've seen some handlebar demos at Daytona. Maybe you could find something like that. Good luck w your decision!

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for posting guys. Great information RonC26. I'm 5'7. If you still have to reach when laying back at your height, there is no way these bars will work for me. I've looked at the 2+2 bars and think they look good and would probably work, but I wish they were bigger than 1". I'm looking at the Factory 47 RG Assault bars. They are advertised as having 8.5" of pullback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.