Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

These look like they will be interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the rest of the bike designed to handle that increase in power without breaking parts?
I put a FM 124 kit and had to upgrade other parts, so this is no different. It's part of the deal, got to pay to play.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I put a FM 124 kit and had to upgrade other parts, so this is no different. It's part of the deal, got to pay to play.
Yep. I look at the costs and say to myself, "I can buy another motorcycle for what it costs to modify this one." So, I do just that. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
finally something to be excited about. Now what tuner is going to bring the real numbers out these beasts!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
The only one that is a crate engine is the 131". Then they have the 131" & 128" Stage IV kits for the 114"/117" & 107" engines respectively.

@Dbell, absolutely the aftermarket has builders with kits that will produce more power than what the MoCo is advertising with these kits. However you cannot retain your factory warranty with those kits. The MoCo is not going after the share of the market of people who don't mind giving up warranty for more power. They are going after the customers that buy a new bike and want to do these upgrades and still have the warranty intact. While that may not be me or you or several other people reading this there are a ton of those customers out there. I see it every week. Even the 131" crate motor is not going to get very many sales from Joe Blow stopping in and paying his hard earned money out of his own pocket to have it put in his bike. The vast majority of those engines will be sold as an upgrade on a warranty/ESP claim. That's how the TC 120R/120ST engines get sold most of the time. There are some awesome aftermarket performance kits out there but HD is just simply not trying to directly compete with all of that. Just a different piece of the pie.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts