Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy Dave (Y2ksomethingorother on the forum) has one of these on his 2013, and I've lusted after it for quite a while. I hate hanging junk on the bars, and I'm too cheap to get a HogTrough. And I don't like the way they look. But this......Perfect. Only problem is that they don't fit the Rushmore bikes thanks to the larger lowers.

So I saw that a guy on HDF had made it work, and decided to give it a shot. Of course, no dealer within 300 miles had one in stock (why would they, not like it's summer or anything), so after a wait, I got one.

Installed it tonight, took 10 minutes. It fits....sort of. As y'all can see, the tab on the bracket hits the painted part of the lower fairing and the arm hits the front part. I haven't unpacked my bench grinder yet, but I'm visiting someone Friday who has one. We'll trim off a bit of the tab, I'll rotate it in towards the bike a bit, and it'll be good to go. No, I don't care that it's hitting the paint now. That part of the bike is invisible to anyone and it won't rust if a bit of the paint vanishes.

With a grinder, this is a 20-minute install on a Rushmore bike.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I looked all over and finally made this one for about $20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
That's pretty convenient as far as reaching your drink. I use the saddlebag guard bag and use a Contigo insulated cold drink cup. It keeps water cold for like 16 hours. The reach is a bit inconvenient, but not bad once you get used to it.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Yeah Chief, this one holds the Big Bubba tumbler which is like the Yetti. Perfect for the long trips

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
My Contigo Holder

That's pretty convenient as far as reaching your drink. I use the saddlebag guard bag and use a Contigo insulated cold drink cup. It keeps water cold for like 16 hours. The reach is a bit inconvenient, but not bad once you get used to it.

Lil Chief
I also don't like hanging stuff on my bars but at 6'4" I need all the leg room I can get. This works well for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
lol this thread is fixing to get interesting!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Southern Sharks have went full circle for this trip. 4 serviced bikes. 1 engine rebuild and 1 brand new 2 week old bike. We should be ready. 7 more days Gentlemen.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Seems to be mounted a little close to the hottest part of the motor. Gonna take the chill off the liquid pretty quick. I don't like the handlebar mount either, but it works so I deal with it for now.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Actually, it a nice distance away from the engine and I use a Big Bubba which holds ice for over 12 hrs in the sunshine. I think I will be fine. No exhaust even close. Only thing that will be hot is the muffler from hauling ass! lol

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Seems to be mounted a little close to the hottest part of the motor. Gonna take the chill off the liquid pretty quick. I don't like the handlebar mount either, but it works so I deal with it for now.
It's outboard of the horn, so it's getting airflow. My 24 ounce HydroFlask is too tall to work, but a smaller one will fit fine and the temperature won't be a problem. Don't know what kind of wizardry they use, but it's still had ice cubes in it after 5 hours in my parked Jeep when it was 95 degrees out.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
By the way, got the engine back together today and installed 16" Vindiktas today. All is good and all wiring and cable worked perfect.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Spent all day yesterday in 90 degree heat, including an hour sitting in traffic in Harrisburg, PA. The bottle holder was a roaring success. Yes, the water got warm, but no more so than it would have on the bars. After a short adjustment period, I had no issues with my left foot or leg placement.

This thing rocks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts