Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I tried the "rolling the bars forward" for a while and just didn't care for the angle so I got some Harley Road Glide Fat Apes!! Really like the look and how they feel. Here is the link...

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/road-glide-fat-ape-handlebar

Overall...I love them!! Granted Im only 5'9" with a 30" inseam but they work...not to tall and just right!!
Take a peak and let me know what you think

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the positive comments! Cant say enough about the bars...>:)
There are just so many choices and well I am really happy I chose this route.
Not saying anything more than the fact its your personal choice on what works best for you, I really think there is no wrong answer here. Everyone has likes and dislikes...different styles...

Handbars seem to be a hot topic on the forum...and like me I really didn't have the opportunity to try out different companies, different styles...there just isn't enough people I know who...

1. Ride a shark

2. Have a set of bars to try out

I chose something I thought I would like, we mocked up the bars at the dealership and I said Hell, why not!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Those are good looking bars. I saw a guy riding a 2016 a couple of weeks ago with those bars. The bars looked good and the guy's riding position (hand height, wrist angle, shoulders etc.) looked like he was really comfortable.

Wish they made them in 1.5" diameter. That would be the total bomb.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Saw a guy with a pair of those mounted up on a shark today...they looked good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You having any problems with hands going numb???? I have the black version of these on my 15 and the way they turn back towards me and down causes pressure from my wrist being turned in and my hands go numb pretty quickly.... about the same height as you about inch taller but pretty broad shouldered so I think my problem is they are too narrow...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No issues to this point. I also run a Lepara DLL Vivian seat which drops me down almost an inch and back! The only time I've had issues is when I initially "Rolled my bars" with the stock bars! Ive only had the opportunity to put a few hundred miles with these apes but so far so good!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
No issues to this point. I also run a Lepara DLL Vivian seat which drops me down almost an inch and back! The only time I've had issues is when I initially "Rolled my bars" with the stock bars! Ive only had the opportunity to put a few hundred miles with these apes but so far so good!!
I am putting these bars now in my bike.

Are you still happy with them?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ordered mine from H-D yesterday! This next week will be ridiculous having to wait. Mine are going on my RGU. so we will see how they look but I am beyond excited.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey guys, to answer the questions yes I truly love these bars!! I wanted a more traditional bend, and they are comfortable as hell. I currently am running a CVO solo seat. I think they look great on my shark!
My only dislike...Its winter time here in Indiana!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts