Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mounted an HD Road Tech 660 on my Glide, and have found the display to be dim and hard to see, even in the shade. I've checked the screen brightness and it's 100%. I've used Garmin Zumo 550's in the past and had no trouble seeing the screen. With my sunglasses on, I can barely read my pricy new Road Tech. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just me?

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
are your sunglasses polarized? with polarized lenses, the screen is about impossible to read, with non-polarized lenses, it isn't too bad.

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
2,338 Posts
Here's a little demo I did with polarized sunglasses. Note that this was done in a dark room. But you can see the screen is darker when the lens is at the same angle as the 660. Garmin should have polarized the screen 90 degrees off from what they did.

It also helps to mount it so you are looking at it at right angles. In other words, straight on, and not at an angle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.