Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to get a set of Street Glide 12in Shocks. Question is if i put these on my 13 RGU would it make it to low in back. Really dont want it any lower in back.

I am 225 pounds and mainly ride solo.

Has anyone installed these and did it lower their bike. Thanks

·
Registered
168 Posts
Haven't installed these, but I believe that we have 13" shocks on our bikes.

·
Registered
9,595 Posts
The Street glides have the same 12" shocks the RG custom's have, you got 13" on the Ultra. Why you want to swap anyways ?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
They will definitely lower the back end of your RG Ultra. A friend of mine put SG shocks on his 2012 Ultra Classic and they will work fine, but the back end will be lower for sure.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
what do you consider 'too low'? the ultra comes with 13'' shocks standard, the sg is 12'', so you're immediately dropping it a little less than an inch (the shocks being on an angle, it isn't a straight 1 inch drop). the front forks are the same length on each bike.

i'm assuming that you're referring to the 12'' premium shocks and not just the 12'' air shocks as it wouldn't make any sense to do the swap unless you just wanted to lower it.

but even with them being an inch shorter, many folks have commented that they ride a whole lot better than the air shocks.

·
Registered
618 Posts
If you are referring to the 12" air ride shocks, ride quality will suffer some. Can't speak to the 12" HD coil overs if that is what your looking into.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Stay with the 13s.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The 12" shocks will definitely lower the rear a bit. If it's 13" HD air shocks vs 12" HD air shocks your ride will suffer. If it's 13" air shocks for 12" hd premium ride shocks, your ride will improve quite a bit, but both will lower your bike in the rear.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info yes I have the 13in stock air shocks right now and the ones talking about are the 12in HD of street glide. Who knows been looking for a reason to put 18in wheels on anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts