Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
No, I've been kicking it around. I understand there made by KYB, at least that's what the parts guy told me. I've heard from several guys running them & they like the way they work. Much better that stock. BUT, the thing I have a problem with is that one shock dampens & the other is rebound. HD has beefed up the swing arm.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i think im gonna give them a try.they might be great,shocks are like windshields,you may have to try more than one.they gotta be better than the stock ones.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Don't know what their price point is, but I cannot say enough about my 440's compared to that air crap... bike is a different (way better) animal.

Dirk

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
well i think im gonna give them a try.they might be great,shocks are like windshields,you may have to try more than one.they gotta be better than the stock ones.

Give Jon a call at Horneytoad HD--he'll give you the best price. He's under new Player in town Sticky.

·
Registered
425 Posts
My buddy has a set of the HD shocks off an 2010 CVO Street Glide. He rplaced them with a few hundred miles on 'em. Anyone interested? PM me...

·
Registered
206 Posts
My buddy has a set of the HD shocks off an 2010 CVO Street Glide. He rplaced them with a few hundred miles on 'em. Anyone interested? PM me...

Mike,

Yeah I am. PM and let me know how much he wants for them. Why did he switch them out?

Thanks,

YELLOWBIRD

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the new shocks and they make the bike perform as it should, on rough roads no more bottoming out and the ride alone or with a passanger is awesome.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I ordered mine today!!!

"FAT ASS"
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
103", 10.5:1. Ported Heads, SE-254E, JR 2:1, SEST
W1 Chubby 515, Boom Audio
91HP / 104TQ

"BAD ASS"
2007 FXSTB Night Train
103", HTCC H&Ps, SE-251, Big Radius
Inverted PCB Front End
101HP / 102TQ

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm with Dak47; love my Progressive 440 HDs!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mike,

Yeah I am. PM and let me know how much he wants for them. Why did he switch them out?

Thanks,

YELLOWBIRD
He's on a cruise. I left him a message... He changed them we he changed his wheels. I'm not sure why. Thats just how he rolls.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im on my 11th Harley and over 700,000 miles on everything from Sportsters to Shovel Head Dresser to the new 2011 Road Glide and Harley has never made a decent shock or seat. Progessive suspenssion is the only shock good enough for a heavy weight Harley Bagger any of the IAS shocks are good but the new 940'S are the cats ass! they are $900.00 at progressive but their only $465 at a place online i think its called one stop moto 2 day free delivery. sounds like a lot of money but most us uf spend that on the first trip to the chrome shop, get some IAS rear shocks your ass and your back will thank you

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've been looking at those. With my wife and luggage I can never get air to stay in the shocks and they bottom out all the time. HATE it just HATE it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anybody got there takeoff air shocks for sale, im looking for a pair off a 2011 limiter.I have a 2010 custom with the shorter shocks.Pm me if you do and maybe we can make a deal.duane5157

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 2010 FLTRX stock shocks are for sale. Dealer called my new shocks came in today.

Sorry this doesn't help you Duane, but anyone else interested PM me.

They have 2500 Miles on them.

Perfect condition...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm running the new hd's. Ride and handling are great. Quick and easy to adjust when the mrs. gets on. I have a set of Bitubo's I'd like to sell. Ride was great. I just hated adjusting them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts