Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I have an 2006 glide and I'm having a problem with the stereo. Every time I put a CD in it kicks it out giving me disc error 1 code. I have tried several different ones(home made and store bought) with the same results. I tried to load the latest update but it doesn't seem to be reading the disc. I took it to a local stereo repair shop and they told me that they couldn't look at it because it's proprietary to Harley. Get this-I took it to a local Harley shop and they said it that my only option was to give them 450 bucks and they would repair it. They send their radios to the saime local shop I visited. Seems that Harley had to get their cut again! Has anyone had the same problem with their stereo? Got any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You can either send it to Iron cross audio for the repair or change it out for a aftermarket radio. It will depend on the end result you want to have.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Iron Cross

I can vouch for Iron Cross audio.

$250 flat rate repair , they will fix everything even stuff you dont know about and completely update the factory HK unit.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Find another stealer!!! A friend of mine had his radio act up and the shop warranty it out for him. Then he went and broke a 3.5 jack in the aux port and they changed it for him again, none of it cost him a penny!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts