Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, let me start off by saying I'm deployed and wouldn't need as much help if I was home and had my bike in front of me. Here is the scenario.....I have a 2013 Road Glide Custom, I purchased a older tourpak, somewhere in the 96-05 range. Number one question, will I have any issues mounting it to the newer style mount? I am prob going with a non-detachable mount for my bike just due to cost right now, but am wondering if there will be any issues?? Secondly, it has lights on the side, they look to be the ones that do not wrap around the corner. Since I am not home, does anybody have a good link for lights LED or standard bulbs to install as it doesn't appear to have come with any? I know drag specialties makes smoked lenses which is likely what I will be going with. Thats pretty much it for now, the tourpak has a damaged top, and I will likely try to repair it and throw a cover over it until I get time and money to but a new one or repaint it. Thought about getting some leather also and contact cementing it over stretching it out nice and tight. Its a new bike so I want it to look decent. I am looking for both the items I mentioned to buy if any have them for sale, also a backrest pad too as the tourpak was stripped of all that stuff when I got it. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
I believe the only problem you'll have mounting an older pack to a newer mount is the mounting holes in the pack won't line up to the mount. That can be solved by drilling new holes in the pack.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, That should be pretty simple them drilling new holes. I am in the dark on the side marker lights, its sucks not being able to have it right in front of you where you can just look at it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anybody know if I will have any problems installing the non-detachable mount to the back of my bike? I'm planning about a 3k road trip after this deployment, and want to make sure I have all the parts waiting for me when I get back so all i have to do is bolt on and go.

·
Super Moderator
1,839 Posts
You just have to find the right setup. Look through some of the parts on Ebay. There may also be a few members here that have switched there tourpaks from mounted to detachable. They may have the bolt on support that you need.

As for the tourpak lid. If you get the damage repaired but not painted, I would suggest a lid bra from either Harley or T-Bags.

The Harley one is simply a vinyl fitted cover for the tourpak lid. The T-Bags cover does have the option of using a full cover lid bag. This is handy for carrying items you want to get too quickly. Rain suit, sunscreen, lip balm, bandanas, cameras etc. It does not add a tonne of weight to the tourpak lid and is low profile you can still see past it in the mirror or when you shoulder check.

T-Bag King lid bra part number TB3300TB www.t-bags.com 800-957-6288

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
605 Posts
Do a search for LED tour pack lights on this forum, I used an LED light from Ebay and the Harley harness for there LED lights, ended up a little over $200 with everything. You can download the Harley instructions and it gives you all the parts for the harness and instructions for install, makes them run, turn brake as well, make sure you get the ground wires right, don't ask how I know that.

Jay

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds decent, it doesn't have any lights in it currently, going with smoked lenses and more then likely LED. Have to do a little research tonight :)

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
here is a couple pics of the tourpak I bought. She needs some work, plan on fixing the lid and throwing a lid cover over the top to cover it up.
Looks like a glass box from the 90's . It should be easy to fix.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Have all the factory tour pac mounts off my 13 RGU and if your tour pac needs the round horse shoe mount ( which I think is possible for that year pac) I have it too. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
The LED replacement light kit can be ordered for the model year of the TourPak and as you have pointed out, yours is an older non-wraparound version, say late 90's or so.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/led-replacement-light-kit

You could also order a TourPak bra to conceal the damaged areas.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/tour-pak-lid-bra

Mounting kits come in a wide variety of offerings, but again, are model year specific. This is a complete detachable kit.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/detach-tour-pak-mounting-rack-kit

Good luck with your project and thank you for your service!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
You might want to check eBay and find an undamaged lid - you might get one pretty cheap with a little luck. I did that before when I picked up separate tour-pak bottom and top to mount on my old Nomad. Lids with cracks around the hinges are not good or easy to fix.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I sent you a PM, I have a tour pak mount off of my 2012 RGU that will fit your bike. If you want it it's free so you can't beat that price. You pay shipping.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
You might want to check eBay and find an undamaged lid - you might get one pretty cheap with a little luck. I did that before when I picked up separate tour-pak bottom and top to mount on my old Nomad. Lids with cracks around the hinges are not good or easy to fix.
Yeah, I can't really tell how bad the cracks are around the hinges. Trying to keep cost low...... I can find a vivid black lid for around a 100 which is pretty reasonable, the big determination will be once I can inspect the lid in person.

Replied to your PM Bandit 7

Thanks for the replies everyone!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ok guys, let me start off by saying I'm deployed and wouldn't need as much help if I was home and had my bike in front of me. Here is the scenario.....I have a 2013 Road Glide Custom, I purchased a older tourpak, somewhere in the 96-05 range. Number one question, will I have any issues mounting it to the newer style mount? I am prob going with a non-detachable mount for my bike just due to cost right now, but am wondering if there will be any issues?? Secondly, it has lights on the side, they look to be the ones that do not wrap around the corner. Since I am not home, does anybody have a good link for lights LED or standard bulbs to install as it doesn't appear to have come with any? I know drag specialties makes smoked lenses which is likely what I will be going with. Thats pretty much it for now, the tourpak has a damaged top, and I will likely try to repair it and throw a cover over it until I get time and money to but a new one or repaint it. Thought about getting some leather also and contact cementing it over stretching it out nice and tight. Its a new bike so I want it to look decent. I am looking for both the items I mentioned to buy if any have them for sale, also a backrest pad too as the tourpak was stripped of all that stuff when I got it. Thanks again guys!
I have a non detachable mount that I removed from my 2013 FLTRU

1 - 19 of 19 Posts