Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new bike coming and want to add the WHIM to it. My question is what is the average cost the dealers have been chargingto install? Looking at it I can easily do it myself. But would need to make several trips back to dealer and would just as soon have it ready when I pick it up. Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
There is a youtube video showing the highlights of the install. The problem is it won't work without the dealer download. So you may be better off with them doing it before you pick the bike up. You will also need to buy the Harley branded SENA 20S to have stereo sound and work properly. I have several bikes and use a SENA 20S on then. I decided to save money and buy the SENA 20 Harley Helmet Mount with the seven pin cord for about $125.00 . That way when I am riding the Road Glide with buddies using the SENA I can talk to them and still have all the Infotainment connected. If I am riding one of my other bikes I just leave the cord at home.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I also recommend that the dealer do the installation because of the flash that’s needed. I had mine done at the 1k Service while I was also getting heated grips and a couple other items done while the gas tank was off, so I saved some labor $$ in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I can see them charging 1 hour for the install if they leave the update cable in the fairing or route it to the left upper glove box. If they route it to the right side panel as per the instructions, about 2 hours labor. Cost depends what your dealer charges per hour., give them a call and ask.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you look through other threads the time the dealers charge is anywhere from 1 hour to 2 1/2 hours. Doing it yourself, some don't install the cable to the seat so that means you don't have to take off the gas tank which means that you could install the WHIM module with only taking off the fairing cover. You still have to go to the dealer for the flash to make it work. I was quoted 1/2 hour for the flash but I told them that I thought that was too much since it only takes about 5 minutes. They did it for me for 15 minutes. My dealer charges $130/hour. Still a rip off. I have heard that others didn't charge for the flash. So I guess it's up to the dealer how much they want to make off of you.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
I paid $124 for the install, that included the flash download. It was all routed correctly. For that it was well worth it to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts