Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For a clean look I went with the 76404-06 Boom! audio XM radio add on. But I have found out that all of the channels I am supposed to get, don't show up on my radio for some reason. For example one of my favortie stations is OutLaw Country on channel 60, but it jump from 59 to 64 (i think). Too mad to remember exactly. But doesn't really matter. There are other "blocks" of channels that don't show up either. My thing is I didn't drop $700 installed cost for a limited channel lineup. I called XMSirius to verify my subscription and channel lineup, which is the same as our other sat radio that has the same lineup. My next call was to my dealer. They didn't have an answer but said they would call the MOCO on Tuesday (not open Monday) and let me know what the solution is. I did let them know that my expectation was a FULL channel lineup out of this unit and they assured me they understood. So if this is a limitation of the Harley/HK/Boom unit I will be expecting a full parts and labor refund. Anyone else had this missing channels issue with Boom XM?

·
Registered
395 Posts
It sounds like the radio is not registered properly. Currently XM is running 60 channels for free until Sept 9. If it completely stops on the 10th you will know it is the radio registration with XM as the problem.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Yep, that was it. Apparently I was getting the "free trail" channels, which is almost all the music channels. I rolled the bike outside, turned it to channel 1, logged onto our Sirius/XM account and resent the sync signal. Its all good now. Thanks for the tip AzHogRider.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
what? and all that righteous anger directed at the dealer was wasted? :D

glad you got it fixed.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what anger?

I assure you there was no anger express in my call to my dealer. And I didn't think I stated that in my post either. I did outline my situtation and expectation of the resolution to which the dealer agreed. :cool: Sorry if the wording was misleading.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts