Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced my Stock Head Unit with a trick Sony iPod Unit. Asking 280.00 shipped to your door. Works perfectly. Give me a call or email with questions.

Chris 573-881-0506.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Question: Has anyone with the old style H-D CD head unit (from 2004-2006 year models) had any luck installing one of these HK units into their fairings? I keep hearing they aren't compatible with the '04-'06 bikes, but every now and then, I'll see a post where someone said they did it with no issues. I'd like to be able to burn some MP3 CD's and play them versus the AUX jack and iPod setup.

·
Registered
349 Posts
my friend has a 04 shark and he put a HK unit in the bike and said the only thing he had to do is flip the connector upside down and plug it in...

·
Registered
77 Posts
BigDave - I'm almost positive it'll fit - reason being I have a 2001 RG and recently put a Harmon Kardon from a 2008 in without any issues - it pluged right in and all the controlls work fine. I've read where the unit needs to be calibrated before it'll work - then found out what they meant by calibrating - all the deck has to do,is be connected to a late model bike , in other words once the original bike powers the unit it will be concidered calibrated, so unless you buy a brand new deck for a late model bike it should work -if you were to buy a brand new deck all you would need to do is hook it up to a late model bike, power it on ,then put it on your bike. I also have a freind that put a unit from 2009 in his 2004 - FXRS

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
BigDave - I'm almost positive it'll fit - reason being I have a 2001 RG and recently put a Harmon Kardon from a 2008 in without any issues - it pluged right in and all the controlls work fine. I've read where the unit needs to be calibrated before it'll work - then found out what they meant by calibrating - all the deck has to do,is be connected to a late model bike , in other words once the original bike powers the unit it will be concidered calibrated, so unless you buy a brand new deck for a late model bike it should work -if you were to buy a brand new deck all you would need to do is hook it up to a late model bike, power it on ,then put it on your bike. I also have a freind that put a unit from 2009 in his 2004 - FXRS
One question I would have is speaker impedance. I had thought that when they went to the HK's , they changed speakers. If the impedance doesn't match between the output amps and speakers, bad things can potentially happen, amps burn out, speakers sound crappy. Something to check.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts