Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If anyone is interested, I can get the 35-pin and 23-pin radio connectors used on stock Harmon Kardon radios (2006-2013). I can also get the internal pin connections. I can get these at a cheaper rate than Harley charges - even through the cheap Harley websites.

Stock 35-pin connector:
HD Part number: 72384-06BK
Ronnie's HD Price: $28.49 + Shipping
KutterHarleyOnline: $28.00 + Shipping (free on orders over $99)
My price: $18 + Shipping

Stock 23-pin connector:
HD Part number: 72382-98BK
Ronnie's HD Price: $11.99 + Shipping
KutterHarleyOnline: $12.00 + Shipping (free on orders over $99)
My price: $10 + Shipping

The internal pin socket connections for each of these:
HD Part number: 72381-98
Ronnie's HD Price: $1.49 ea. + Shipping
KutterHarleyOnline: $1.26 ea. + Shipping (free on orders over $99)
My price: $0.65 ea. + Shipping
(This price is for Copper Alloy/Gold plated - I can get Copper Alloy/tin plate for $0.30 ea. + Shipping. I'm using the cheaper ones on my bike and have had no problems.)

At these prices I'm basically covering shipping costs to me and shipping supplies (padded mailer or boxes) to ship out. I'm currently not keeping stock on hand (I do have one 35-pin today 4/15/2015), but can get them in 2 days and ship out in another day. If there's enough interest, I'll stock a handful of each connector and some pin sockets.

I've become all too familiar with these connectors from modifications to my own Ultra. I've busted clips off connectors, pulled connectors loose, etc. I learned how to crimp the connections and swap housings. Just wanted to share what I've learned with the group here.

I can probably get most other connectors also - just haven't spent the time running them down just yet (I'm sure a need will arise HAHA).

Anyway...if anyone is interested PM me and I'll help you get what you need to get your bike controls/audio back up and running. I can also walk you through the process of using these connectors and pins...how NOT to use them in particular. :)

Cheers,
Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Edited - also, additional pics

Per forums rules...we need ya to post some pics of items you are selling.
Thanks Dmize. Edited original post. Also adding pics of smaller connector and socket connector itself to this post.

Cheers,
Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
Are those pins the newer style ? Iron mark said they changed the material in 2011.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are those pins the newer style ? Iron mark said they changed the material in 2011.
These are the sockets that go inside the 35-pin and 23-pin connectors. The part number is exactly the same on 2006-2013 HD microfiche diagrams for these. Usually the last two numbers of the part number are the year of revision (followed by a letter if multiple revisions in a year). These are -98, so I'm guessing they've always been the same? But hey...I've been wrong before and always up for learning something.

Cheers,
Gary

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big Gary,

Just looked for a changed pin socket in 2011. Looks like there was a change for the throttle control actuator, QTY 6. Part number 72663-11. Prior to 2011 it was 72168-07. Looks like they changed to a silver connector. Iron Mark is right for the throttle control actuator application. The pin sockets I've located and can source are for the 23-pin and 35-pin connectors. They do not appear to have changed since 2007.

I can probably find the silver ones if you're interested. I won't keep digging otherwise.

Cheers,
Gary

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
Big Gary,

Just looked for a changed pin socket in 2011. Looks like there was a change for the throttle control actuator, QTY 6. Part number 72663-11. Prior to 2011 it was 72168-07. Looks like they changed to a silver connector. Iron Mark is right for the throttle control actuator application. The pin sockets I've located and can source are for the 23-pin and 35-pin connectors. They do not appear to have changed since 2007.

I can probably find the silver ones if you're interested. I won't keep digging otherwise.

Cheers,
Gary
I was just wondering since you mentioned two types, are the pins all the same size ? Radio/ tbw. I'm not having any problems yet , but you know how yet goes. Sometimes having spare parts waiting around makes a bad day better.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just wondering since you mentioned two types, are the pins all the same size ? Radio/ tbw. I'm not having any problems yet , but you know how yet goes. Sometimes having spare parts waiting around makes a bad day better.
Completely understand. And for a couple bucks, it's better than leaving your bike stranded. I think I found the pins. Just not sure if the wire is 14 or 12 gauge at the TCA. I'll measure the wire diameter when I get a chance. If I still can't tell, I'll just order a couple of each in my next order and sort it out. Looks like I can get them for $0.30/each plus shipping. For the 6 you'd need, that's a whopping $1.80 plus shipping. Worst part is the shipping cost to me from the supplier is minimum $6. That's why I was offering this to the community here - they get ya on one/two stuff, but if I can order a reasonable sized lot, everyone can save. Hell, even 60 would make sense. Cost me $24 to get them, sell them for $2.40/6-pack + shipping to your door (stamp or two for these little guys). Would still be better than Kutter which is $8.12/10 plus shipping. I'd still be half their cost. Then again, I'm not adding HD bag to put them in.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, forgot to answer first question. No, they're not all the same size or shape. Depends on what size wire is getting fed into the terminal and what connector. Some are Molex connectors, some Deutsch ... Just to keep you guessing? Never understood why they didn't standardize to one type and simplify life. I get that you don't want to mix connectors up, but with all the unique sizes and configurations, I'd think they could manage it. Then you just have a couple different sizes of the same style connector for different gauge wire.

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
Let me know when you get some tbw pins in and I'll order some of both radio and tbw pins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.