Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did one side but wondering about the mount that is under the seat. My question is, does the upper part of the saddlebag guard just hold by the one screw? I was wondering if a cap or anything needs to cover (so the underside of the seat does not get damaged)? Does anyone happen to have a pic of the top mounted? I followed the instructions and just thought I'd ask someone that has mounted the guard. Thanks guys.

Bob

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
852 Posts
I put them on my RGC CVO, and when i laid it down in a gravel parking lot, not a scratch on the saddlebags. The only thing hurt was my ego :rolleyes:

If I had it to do again, I would go with the comfort bars

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I did one side but wondering about the mount that is under the seat. My question is, does the upper part of the saddlebag guard just hold by the one screw? I was wondering if a cap or anything needs to cover (so the underside of the seat does not get damaged)? Does anyone happen to have a pic of the top mounted? I followed the instructions and just thought I'd ask someone that has mounted the guard. Thanks guys.

Bob
I'm curious from your question, do you have the correct kit. The saddlebag guards mount on top of frame under seat, attaches to bottom saddlebag rail and lower frame. Why wouldn't that be enough?

There are plastic stand-offs on bottom of seat so no contact should occur.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
I put them on my RGC CVO, and when i laid it down in a gravel parking lot, not a scratch on the saddlebags. The only thing hurt was my ego :rolleyes:

If I had it to do again, I would go with the comfort bars
Do the compfort bars bolt up to the existing bars under the bag on a Custom , or do you need a whole new bar set up ?

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
That's the first thing I did to my 2011. The bolt under the seat doesn't hurt anything. HD has been doing that for, who knows how long.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Do the compfort bars bolt up to the existing bars under the bag on a Custom , or do you need a whole new bar set up ?
You need new mounting bars they mount different under the saddlebag than the stock ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts