Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one of the KOOL KEWL AWESOME features that I have always liked was the electric locks for the saddle bags and tour pack that comes on the CVO bikes. I am just curious if anyone has ever done this on a none RGU and had a parts list of what is needed?

Or have you read of someone doing this and can point me in that direction?

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
So one of the KOOL KEWL AWESOME features that I have always liked was the electric locks for the saddle bags and tour pack that comes on the CVO bikes. I am just curious if anyone has ever done this on a none RGU and had a parts list of what is needed?

Or have you read of someone doing this and can point me in that direction?
Guy on FB got the parts from a salvage bike and bolted them on. Used an aftermarket remote system for the lock/unlock fob. Not sure what all parts He needed but I'm sure Ronnie's HD catalog will find them all pretty quick.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,809 Posts
No personal experience with this WM, but I caught the tale end of a conversation on here by a guy who had done this and he said it was a lot more expensive than he thought it would/should be. It was a recent post (in last 2-3 weeks) that mostly had to do with key fobs.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No personal experience with this WM, but I caught the tale end of a conversation on here by a guy who had done this and he said it was a lot more expensive than he thought it would/should be. It was a recent post (in last 2-3 weeks) that mostly had to do with key fobs.
This is what I have always heard also, that it is just TOO EXPENSIVE to be worth it. But heck with the cost of a CVO...……..
I guess I'll just keep dreaming about it and that is it.

·
Registered
235 Posts
As a rough neighborhood....without throwing in the labor or what needs to be done via digital tech, it's over $600 in parts alone.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,809 Posts
As a rough neighborhood....without throwing in the labor or what needs to be done via digital tech, it's over $600 in parts alone.

.... that's roughly 17.2 Harley T-shirts. Throw in the likely labor cost and your at 28.5 shirts. What's it going to be W.M., power locks or a new wardrobe?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well that is more than I though it would cost but cheaper than buying a CVO....:wink:

.... that's roughly 17.2 Harley T-shirts. Throw in the likely labor cost and your at 28.5 shirts. What's it going to be W.M., power locks or a new wardrobe?
I have TOO many t-shifts as it is now. Look at it like this. If I do all the work myself then I save a ton. My RGU is paid for so I can dump money into it as I see fit. I'm in the process of blacking it out right now. Next will be performance parts like the 110" tire shredder kit or maybe even bigger.
Since it is a one year color I don't think I will get it repainted a different color but I would like to get different pin striping.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I got a used CVO a couple years ago, so that brought the cost down to where I didn’t throw up quite as much. But the wife loved it and I did too. The remote bag locks are one of the things on it that I would never have paid the $$$ for but love it every time I hit that little button. I do occasionally get a little ribbing from my buds though : ). Maybe you can be creative somehow and get the cost down under the $600 mark. Maybe pick out just one favorite most used bag & do it???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts