Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a perfect world, I'd just buy a contrast 21" front wheel for my bike.

In my broke real world, I thought maybe I could paint it some?

The theme of the bike is black and red. The stock front wheel is already mostly black, but has that anodized looking silver rim around the outside. I was thinking about trying to paint that little bit red.

Has anyone ever successfully painted that ring with a brush or a sponge? How could this work and stick?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I have done similar wheel paint with careful masking, epoxy primer and base/clear sprayed on. But you have to be set up for it to get a perfect job.

Unless you were just going to spin the wheel and with a pinstriping brush do a 1/16" inch stripe, brushing a larger area just won't work or look very well.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DED - That is ROCKIN. That's what Im looking for! I'm no pro, but I have sand paper, lots of tape, some spray paint and clear coat haha.

Brewcity - Those are extremely interesting too! Has anyone ever tried this stuff? That looks easy and inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After looking through the rimtape site, they look really good. Even though they're only like 23 bucks, I'm hesitant to try something first haha.

·
Registered
843 Posts
So has anyone tried the Rimstripes yet? My front rim is as the powder coater right now, getting satin black, and I'm gonna order the red stripe and the application tool.

Wade

1 - 12 of 12 Posts