Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone purchased a 2020 Roadglide yet ?

Guys are talking about them, but has anyone pulled the trigger yet ?

If so post up some pictures and let us all know what you think of the 2020 Roadglide.

Looking forward in seeing some pictures.

Swomack

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So has anyone purchased a 2020 Roadglide yet ?

Guys are talking about them, but has anyone pulled the trigger yet ?

If so post up some pictures and let us all know what you think of the 2020 Roadglide.

Looking forward in seeing some pictures.

Swomack
So I guessing the answer is no, not yet.

No one has purchased on this forum, a new 2020 Roadglide.

Well I look forward in seeing some pictures once someone pulls the trigger.

Swomack

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Went to take a look last weekend and was met with a pushy little bastard who kept asking me to "run numbers" and actually asked me what I owe on my '18. We hadn't gotten anywhere NEAR that conversation as I was just taking the bike in. Gotta admit, I really liked it but found a few things a bit puzzling (heal shifter, fairing vents, etc). Not deal-breakers mind you, plus that color scheme really got my attention. I plan to go in on Saturday before Dorian gives us a soak, and I'll post what I found out.

Link to pics I took and loaded to another thread...

https://www.roadglide.org/3-*general-road-glide-discussions-pictures/371607-2020-models.html

Reactions: Bevis

·
Registered
172 Posts
Someone on the "other" forum got a special they posted. A bluish one. I should have told them to go here.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I agree, was thinking about it. Then I heard no vents, no key fob, no heel shifter.

Guess I better go look, I've closed my vents about 3 times in 5 years, I hate the fob, and the heel shifter is the first thing to come off my bikes anyway, how many you want, I've got at least 3.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
That may actually help get rid of most of the leftovers. Then once they're gone people will have to buy the 20' if they want new.
The 20s will eventually sell well and those aftermarket companies will be busy with alternative parts for those vents. The least I would do is install those screens for the lowers to keep large debris from flying in. If they could also come up with a solid cover that can snap on or off over the screen depending if you want air flow or not

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I agree, was thinking about it. Then I heard no vents, no key fob, no heel shifter.
I heard that the heel shifter was the culprit for shifter shafts being stripped prematurely and possibly the reason why Harley eliminated them. I always take mine off for extra room on floorboards and my shifter shaft still wore down to the point where it had to be changed. Removing the heel shifter on new models doesn’t affect me much but a good majority of you guys like them. It doesn’t make sense to me since Harley has been using them on their bikes as long as I can remember. I guess it’s an extra accessory you’ll be able to buy from their catalog lol

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
The 20s will eventually sell well and those aftermarket companies will be busy with alternative parts for those vents. The least I would do is install those screens for the lowers to keep large debris from flying in. If they could also come up with a solid cover that can snap on or off over the screen depending if you want air flow or not
If the screens were metal, a thin magnetic cover cut to fit from the outside would be a usable option when you wanted no airflow. ??

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
My 15 RG has no fob. Key only,which was what I wanted anyway
I am sure the Bike Thieves are happy.....easier to sit outside a Dealer in HD gear looking like you belong there.....wait for a Dumb Ass like me to pull up and NOT lock the Ignition and go inside.........click, push, Vroom, C-YA

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I am sure the Bike Thieves are happy.....easier to sit outside a Dealer in HD gear looking like you belong there.....wait for a Dumb Ass like me to pull up and NOT lock the Ignition and go inside.........click, push, Vroom, C-YA
Had fob with my 12 Ultra and very convenient when leaving bike for short periods of time at gas stations and such. But heard so many horror stories, folks getting stuck in the middle of nowhere unable to start bike because fob acted up or battery went dead. I just like as little technology and gadgets as possible. That’s just me, most likely in the minority on the forum lol. Got no GPS or ABS brakes either lol

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I just like as little technology and gadgets as possible. lol
Look who you are talking to man........look what I just did with Bikes.......I'm on board Bro.

Actually, side bar........when my Atlas lease is up, want to make a 70s VW Bus my Daily Driver - Find a fixer upper over the next 2 years, drop a 1.8T VW Engine in for reliability and just say 'Fuck Technology" and get back to basics

1 - 20 of 262 Posts