Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at the sony marines and this one ( CDX-H910UI)is different than what everyone else has. Anyone played with it before? Also scoped out the kenwood units too. Look a tad bit better than the sonys and imo kw is bwtter quality. Will the hawg wired uni box work with any radio for the hand controls? The sony in question is not listed as a compatible unit on hw's website.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
287 Posts
That would be a nice looking unit, but I don't know how well it would fit in the fairing. I am interested to see if anyone has tried it

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be a nice looking unit, but I don't know how well it would fit in the fairing. I am interested to see if anyone has tried it
I like the looks too since it has more of a custom factory look to it. Im goi g to call hawg wired tomorrow(monday) to get the skinny.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well so far the news from sony is that it has a rear jack for a wired remote and all info im reading on hawg-wired's website is thats the main requirement. I'm waiting on a call back from hw's tech support for an official answer but this looks good to me. I like the rear usb port since I planned to run a wire into a glove box.

I looked at the kenwood kmr-700u but it has no rear input jack that I can find so I dont want to loose my handlebar controls. If i'm wrong on this please correct me but all info including a rear view of it only shows a supported wiring harness input but no jack location.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hw called me back. He said he researched it but isnt convinced it will hook up right for the stock control harness. It does have the correct jack size but the wiring might not be spot on. He did assure me that the kenwood 550 is this years model upgrade of the 400s and those will work fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts