Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
First time poster here, looking for any input on results of your JL Audio marine speakers. I am looking to put a set in the faring and a second set in the saddlebag lids along with the a couple of 6.5" JL woofers in the lids as well. I have heard then on a loud moving boat and they sound awesome there with the same comparable wind noise. I appreciate any and all input

2012 Road Glide pics to follow

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
JL Audio speakers

I find it hard to believe nobody has tried or never heard these speakers. Anyone please...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm not sure why you would even want to go with these speakers. it seems for the money you could go with proven speakers. i didn't look hard, but the cheapest i saw these for was $299. i sure wouldn't go that direction. you can get marine grade polks for $75 with about the same if not better specs. or the J&M for less than $270 with adapter rings.

i would also worry about the mounting depth of these. the sure looks big and i would worry about them fitting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure why you would even want to go with these speakers. it seems for the money you could go with proven speakers..
JL audio is one the best marine component speaker on the market as of now.. they have a solid rep and will out last most comparable speakers..

I have installed hundreds of them and have only had a handful of failures.. mostly due to distortion ( will kill a setup real quick like )

check the mounting depth of the popular setups out there ARC hogtunes ect. ect. the JL's have a mounting depth of 2.95" which is pretty deep for a 6.5

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hello all,
First time poster here, looking for any input on results of your JL Audio marine speakers. I am looking to put a set in the faring and a second set in the saddlebag lids along with the a couple of 6.5" JL woofers in the lids as well. I have heard then on a loud moving boat and they sound awesome there with the same comparable wind noise. I appreciate any and all input

2012 Road Glide pics to follow
I considered installing them in the faring for about a minute. The mounting depth is substantially deeper. I opted to go the Focal IC165's. Below is a side by side photo showing the depth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts