Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 RGS with Boom GT 6.5
Getting jerked around by the dealer, went up yesterday to get radio flashed, they said to install my amp (Soundstrean PN4.520) and come back to flash it, I was going to use the JM Rokker settings, I called next day to set up a time to flash and they said they wouldn't do it because too many radios have problems and some have burned out due to the flash.
Has anybody heard that the flash ruins the radios, should I just get a magic box, or does the dealer not know what they are doing????

· Registered
67 Posts
I have a 2015 RGS with Boom GT 6.5
Getting jerked around by the dealer, went up yesterday to get radio flashed, they said to install my amp (Soundstrean PN4.520) and come back to flash it, I was going to use the JM Rokker settings, I called next day to set up a time to flash and they said they wouldn't do it because too many radios have problems and some have burned out due to the flash.
Has anybody heard that the flash ruins the radios, should I just get a magic box, or does the dealer not know what they are doing????
Never heard of it happening, and didn't cause me any issues.

· Registered
1,344 Posts
No issues here either.. just had my flash done 2 weeks ago.... I do my flash before I install any components. I don't understand why they want the amp/speakers in before?

· Registered
8,503 Posts
I had my radio flashed twice and did not have any issues. The reason for the second flash, I changed how I wanted my flash set up.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, talked to another dealer in my area, they said the amp needs to be installed first before the flash, and he didnt sound like he had alot of experience with flashing and then said it would be $88, so with that, I am just going the magic box route since I dont have any confidence in the dealers in my area

· Registered
1,344 Posts
Normal flash costs are around $40.... $88 is ridiculous!

Do you know the EXACT flash you want? This helps a lot when you can tell the tech specifics. Moco just recently ( July 2015 ) had a major update to Digital Technician and flash procedures have changed a lot since the new update with more options to feed it ( check in the box ) type inputs and how it's accomplished. So knowing what you want will help them achieve your desired flash.

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was going to use the J&M Rokker set up that is posted on this site, I have it printed, I told this to the Mechanics (without insulting thier intelligence of course), but Like I said, one dealer would not do it unless it was a hogtunes amp, and the other sounded like they werent super familiar with doing flashes (possibly lack of doing any) and they wanted too much money, right now I am getting the magic box to hold me over until I can get someone to flash it that I have confidence in and doesnt charge so much

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.