·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
576 Posts
Great to have options

I'm glad to see that companies are making solutions for the HD lids. I bought the HD lids primarily because I like the CVO look.

Hawg-Wired is coming out with their drop in 5x7 solution. Biketronics sells a drop 6x9 Titan II solution that is designed for the HD lids. And now HAT is advertizing a drop in 5x7 solution.

I've been considering the Biketronics 6x9 solution, but the speaker and adapter take up more bag space than the drop in 5x7s. Since the HAT's are Imagine series, I bet they will be able to handle more power than the DX Hawg-Wired speakers.

I just don't know if I can wait until April - May which is what HAT is advertising for availability.

U

·
0 Posts
Thanks juiced.HawgWired is really raising the bar on an already FANTASTIC stereo system. I'm going HW or RockfordFosgate w either Focal and/orPolk speakers. That's what EVERYBODY recommends. Very few problems unlike some companies I know of. If your gonna go may as well go 1st class. Tried and true. Thanks for the info. I may wait for the new system to drop

Sent from my LGL45C using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
576 Posts
I like the efficiency and power ratings. I have not heard HAT speakers. I will need to find a local shop that sells the imagine series so I can take a listen....

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have had HAT speakers before, amazing quality and performance. I have pre-orderd these and will post a review once I receive them. I have the lids going to paint, the wires are already run from the PBR 300x4 to the rear so should be a quick install once i receive them.

Here is a good write up on them from CVOHarley forum.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=83018.0

·
Registered
576 Posts
We're following the same tracks

I finally placed my order with HAT today after reading the review (including pics) from the CVO forum. The invoice states that they will ship in around 60days.

The reviewer stated that they performed on par with his JL C5's. Based on that and their reputation of making good speakers, I'm taking the plunge. I'm pre-order #15.

I just finished replacing my RF 300x4 with two RF 300x2 speakers. I've ran my speaker wire to the back also. So it will be a pretty quick install when these speakers come in.

I also got my Boom Buddies lid covers from Hogcovers today as well. Now I just have to wait a few months.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts