Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Biketronics speakers are built by HAT, designed for your bike, and carry a lifetime warranty. That's where I'd start. I just installed a full Biketronics setup on my bike and it is top notch stuff.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Biketronics speakers are built by HAT, designed for your bike, and carry a lifetime warranty. That's where I'd start. I just installed a full Biketronics setup on my bike and it is top notch stuff.
The Biketronics speakers are built by HAT, and do not have the Clarus/Imagine tweeters. Even the HAT speakers carry a warranty with a 60% trade-up of what you pay. No disrespect, but the Biketronics are "watered down" from the Imagine series - same waterproof woofer, but no passive crossover or the tweeter assembly. As an answer to the OP question - Clarus fitment in your 15, I can't answer, but the Imagines will.

JP

·
Registered
590 Posts
jpeesy

Please explain what you meen by watered down? I just bought biketronics 6.5 titans and I was told by hat and biketronics that Thay are the imagine coaxial speaker have I been taken? And there is some inner fering cutting too do before Thay will fit.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I don't know what jpeesy is getting at which is to say that I am just not educated enough on the different speaker lines that HAT makes. I'd suggest to call HAT or Biketronics. The Biketronics Pro series are really good speakers and do have separate tweeters. I bought the coaxial version or standard 7.1 speakers. They are really loud and clear. I don't care what speakers that you have, if you can tell the different in fidelity at 70mph, you have better ears than I do. In the end it was important to me to have a lifetime warranty and the backing of Biketronics.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I spoke with two different HAT reps and asked what the difference was between BT and the Imagines. I was told that the woofer is the same, but the tweeter assembly and components were not that of the Clarus/Imagine line, it was developed for Biketronics. His words, "watered-down" version. I ordered the Imagines.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I actually went to Hybrid Audio Technologies and talked to Scott who is the owner and was told that the Biketronic speakers are the same, that being said HAT does make other lines of speakers that are not offered by Biketronics. I bought my Clarus series from them while I was there and will probably outfit my truck from them when I do it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
H a t speakers from biketronics are not (watered down) called h a t my self just five mins. ago!
Okay, pump your brakes. I'm just passing the information I was given by my two area dealers. I ended up buying Imagines instead of BT, and paid less. If it was to make a sale, they got me....

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
No worries.

In researching the Biketronics 7.1's and the 7.1 Pro's it was explained to me that the Pro's are a better speaker, but that any advantages in the sound was lost while riding the bike. Since I don't listen to my stereo in the driveway I opted for the standard 7.1 speakers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Jpeezy: pump your brakes? Are you o.k.? You are full of shit I know that !
Einstein, these are not the same as Biketronics. Compare these to the BT 6x9's, these have convertible tweeters, same tweeter as the Clarus. PLUS they are cheaper. As stated, the woofer is the same, tweeter is different. Call HAT and inquire about this.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
jpeesy

Einstein?... You should stay in bed! when did 6x9's come into play? a whole different speaker regardless of the manufacturer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So they will fit in a 15 RG?
I need to order some speakers for my 15, I was going to go with Hertz and cut out the bottom of the speaker enclosure a little so they will fit but now I'm thinking about getting some HAT speakers.

·
Registered
590 Posts
same thing

You will have too do the same with hat set up.( Aprox. 1x2 rectangle) if you remove the outer fering you will eliminate the risk of damage. seal it up with some Hvac steel tape add a small amount of poly fill done!

·
Registered
590 Posts
pump your brakes

Jpeesy: I did a lot of research before I purchased speakers.pump your brakes offended me a little. No hard feelings.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Don't Have 15 RG so I don't know about fitment but the sound quality,warranty and more importantly Biketronics customer service is exceptional. I spent 2 hours on the phone with them before I bought and several follow up calls. I have the Pros in the front and 7.1 in the rear pods pushed by the 4180 and after my third system finally have what I was looking for. Yes the Pros sound better in the parking lot vs the 7.1s and at 70 mph hard to tell the diff. The Pros are very comparable to the Focal krc I had.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts