1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

How would you compare the HAT Imagine 6.5 vs the Hawg Wired ZX 6.5 speakers

I have a HW RS400 100W x 2 RMS Amp that I will be driving them with

The HW are a little more $$$ friendly, but not enough to be the deciding factor.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks H-D for your reply,

I am a little confused, are not both speakers coaxel (I am sure i did not spell that right)

I know the Hawg-Wired have a seperate crossover, but the HAT has an onboard crossover...I think...

Please steer me correctly if I am wrong. (no virgin territory here)

You obviously have an ear for stereo, if you are buying for your bike, outfitted as above...what would you buy???

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
it is confusing because hawg-wired doesn't advertise their speakers as being 'bridge mounted component speakers" and the external crossovers and separated elements make a huge difference in sound.

not to mention, potential water pooling issues

I have run coaxs, as well, and still used a set for the second pair up front to widen the sound stage

basically, HAT makes great stuff, I have had the Mirus and i57-2, HAT lacks in it's tweeter section, because they don't offer a pad, or reduction option, for their tweeters and many times you find yourself with a high end feedback, that by the time you perceive it, you ears are ringing

hawg-wired figured that out, before they shipped them to you.

so based on what you have said, I'd choose the ZX

if you are adventurous, a set of $30 pioneer TS-G1644R speakers will fit the inner fairing side walls and fill out the sound further

I'm a bit frustrated with the HAT for not have a 'real world' feel in the higher registers, too clean, would best describe it, but the HAT 5x7 speakers are also, bridge mounted components, the component part is what really matters, and they do pump

ZX speakers are a home run - the bass is just as good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts