Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the Hybrid Audio Technologies Images 6.5's and 6x9's in in my glide with Hogtune Lids, and all I can say is WOW! They're pushed by a soundstream pn 4.520, and DANG! I've had them installed for two weeks now and at first I thought they were too bright, but they came alive after some time. I went to a bike night here, and had several people ask if all I had was 4 speakers. The bass from the 6x9's rattles my bag latches, and the EQ is still flat. The music is crisp and precise. I am astounded by the sound. My head unit is a Sony MEX-GS610BT, and either Sirius, USB, the sound is awesome, I can't say enough about it. 100 m.p.h. singing along with the radio. Previously I had J&M Performance 7.25's and they don't hold a candle to the HAT's - not EVEN in the same league! My fronts are on HBP the rears are set to full range, and seriously I have yet to turn the volume past 27 (goes to 50). No distortion, loud, clear, awesome sound!!!! 32 and your ears bleed! The one thing I noticed is if the source is clear, the sound is clear. I've recorded lots of music from youtube, I can't say enough about how good this sounds. My buddies usually end up turning their music down and listening to mine (around town). Even with the Bassasni exhaust, you can hear it. Sorry so long winded, just really excited and pleased with this aspect of my build!

JP

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rain

I forgot to add, we went to ROT in Austin, and on Sunday it R A I N E D !!!!! I was so worried and thought, oh, well, I'll be buying new speakers and a new head unit. We rode back to San Antonio in a torrential downpour for about 40 miles, and I kept the head unit in place but off. With the HT lids, the 6x9's were collateral damage, they faced straight up, and there was no shielding them from the water. Didn't turn the radio on, but after I got home, was worried and trying to figure if I needed to order new speakers, they fired right up, and have been going strong with NO issues. Kudos to HAT. This is the second time my Sony HU was drenched, and I thought it would be toast, nope, still pushing on! Now need to get my VTwin audio chassis in place and Hogcovers put on.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I installed the Hybrid Audio Technologies Images 6.5's and 6x9's in in my glide with Hogtune Lids, and all I can say is WOW! They're pushed by a soundstream pn 4.520, and DANG! I've had them installed for two weeks now and at first I thought they were too bright, but they came alive after some time. I went to a bike night here, and had several people ask if all I had was 4 speakers. The bass from the 6x9's rattles my bag latches, and the EQ is still flat. The music is crisp and precise. I am astounded by the sound. My head unit is a Sony MEX-GS610BT, and either Sirius, USB, the sound is awesome, I can't say enough about it. 100 m.p.h. singing along with the radio. Previously I had J&M Performance 7.25's and they don't hold a candle to the HAT's - not EVEN in the same league! My fronts are on HBP the rears are set to full range, and seriously I have yet to turn the volume past 27 (goes to 50). No distortion, loud, clear, awesome sound!!!! 32 and your ears bleed! The one thing I noticed is if the source is clear, the sound is clear. I've recorded lots of music from youtube, I can't say enough about how good this sounds. My buddies usually end up turning their music down and listening to mine (around town). Even with the Bassasni exhaust, you can hear it. Sorry so long winded, just really excited and pleased with this aspect of my build!

JP

They do come alive after they break in, I have the 6.5 Clarus set up in the upper fairing and they are awesome. Almost 4000 miles roundtrip to SW in heavy downpours and they didn't miss a beat.....:D

·
Registered
10,379 Posts
That Sound stream sure does sound great. I'm only running it into 2, 5x7 Infinitys using only 2 of the 4 channels. I can only imagine how yours sounds. Way out man,rock on.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I used that same Soundstream amp on the 1998 RG I recently sold, pushing Polk MM651 in the front fairing and MM525 in the rear pods. I had the gain set for the Alpine head unit I had and it was awesome sounding. I could never listen to it at 10 or my ears would ring. I know the volumne went up to 50 on that thing but there was no way I would have ever been able to stand it sitting on the bike. It was nice clean sound too. Wish I had room on my 2015 RGS for one.
Nick

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, you get funny looks when you're in 75 m.p.h. traffic, and you're signing along with your radio. Honestly the 6x9's are background noise above 30, but you know they're there. However the fronts are just plain awesome. 25 (half way up) is just plain loud! I'm sure there are better setups out there, I'm still impressed, even more as they have broken in. One day, I'll get around to posting a video up.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'm running the 6.5 Clarus series. You can go to their website and inquire as to sells in your area, also you can go here 12v Electronics : Hybrid Audio Technologies Online Retailer - Car audio - Speakers - Amplifiers. Or give Hybrid a call.....

Hope this helps
Mike
So you paid over 6 bills for these speakers? No wonder you're impressed! I paid $125 for my Kappa Infinity's and they are sufficient for now. If I win the lottery, perhaps I can splurge on the HAT's. But not now!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Imagine (Stage II)

bump, also curious..... and where can you buy them??

The Imagines are the ones I'm running. Didn't pay $600, but you will have find a dealer in your area and get a price from them. Biketronics carries these in one of their lines, and you get a lifetime warranty - not sure of their prices either. Find a dealer, and call them, you should never pay MSRP for anything. There is a thread (Audio Done) and you can hear mine.

Good luck,
JP

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
So you paid over 6 bills for these speakers? No wonder you're impressed! I paid $125 for my Kappa Infinity's and they are sufficient for now. If I win the lottery, perhaps I can splurge on the HAT's. But not now!
No I didn't pay that much. I had Hertz HCX 165's in and wanted to step up and after looking at the Hertz/Focal components I went to Hybrid Audio (which is about 60 miles from my house) and listen to the Clarus. The Hybrid guys were very helpful and I am more than happy with them.

If your happy then good.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
i'm not sure, but did he say what was the name of the 6x9?

·
Registered
29 Posts
all man, you mean to tell me I missed the sale?????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.